This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subtitles not rendering in Video

I'm trying to encode Star Wars IV - A New Hope from DVD to PS3 .mp4 using the DVD to Mobile feature. In the process of setting it up I selected that the subtitles be encoded into the video stream however DVD Fab is not doing this. Instead it dumps out a .idx and a .sub file along with the .mp4. Unless I'm missing the purpose of the "Render in Video Stream" function, I think this is a bug. I've tried this in both DVDFab 6.0 and the new 7.0.1.2 with the same result. Any thoughts?

Is the problem only with this title?
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

This is the only one I've tried so far.

Comment

Smabbage I just tested this title (region 1), selecting the 'PS3' or 'MP4' profiles I had no problem using version 7012. For this title pathplayer needs to be disabled for the rip and the second english subtitle is the one you need to select, not sure why if "direct render to video" is selected in the dropdown it spits out a idx/sub file. The 'PS3' profile doesn't even have that option.

Edit: Just do chapter 22 only for a short test.
        Last edited by W&B; 03-08-2010, 11:49 AM. Reason: added info

Comment

Thank for looking into it. I'll mess with it this evening when I get home from work. I selected the second english track when processing, however, pathplayer was enabled so that may have been the issue.

Comment

I did just as you instructed and when the encoder hits the subtitle, it spits out the .idx and .sub files. Not quite sure what's going on. Will now try some other profiles to see if I get the same result...

The generic profile with the same settings works without issue. Strange.

Even stranger still, the PS3 profile works correctly after using the generic profile. Perhaps selecting subtitle direct render to video in the generic profile reset the subtitle drop down in the PS3 profile. If I keep scratching my head thinking about this I'm liable to go bald.
            Last edited by Smabbage; 03-09-2010, 12:49 AM.

Comment

That is strange that it just started working....nothing to lose your hair over though LMAO!!

Comment

I have this problem too using the ipod touch profile

Comment

Try what I did. Encode using one of the generic profiles for h.264 that allows you to select either to direct render to video or dump .idx and .sub files. Use a single chapter for the encode and then go back and encode using the profile you tried initially. Seemed to fix it for me.

Comment

That fixed for me thnx

Comment

Cool.

Comment

Ok. I'm at my wits end with Star Wars Attack of the Clones DVD. I'm trying to convert it to generic .avi with .ac3 pass-through. That's not the issue. The issue is the subtitles. No matter what I do. I can't get DVDFab to render them to video. The only way the subtitles render to video is if I select the one chapter that contains them and render that chapter by itself. It will render in that instance however, if I render the whole movie using the same setting I get nothing. It's a bit aggravating as I've tried to render this DVD over and over again using different settings for a day and a half now. I know which subtitle to choose to get the desired result but it's just not performing.

The chapter I'm working with is chapter 27.

Comment

Smabbage - I too have been having the same problem... And all other 5 movies work fine, it's just this one! I've even got it to do part of the forced subs! It will do 1 or 2 sentences and then just quit... Not sure whats up. I'm using the XBox 360 WMV10 profile.

Comment

Update -

I just realized that if I just do the 1 specific chapter (27), the subtitles work fine. However, if I add 1 chapter in front (26) and one after (28) it still works... I even tried multiple combinations of chapters before 27, but it always worked... Until I do the whole movie again. Any more suggestions from anyone?

Comment

That is the exact same thing I tried. It was strange. Like you, I selected just the problem chapter and it would render without issue. When I selected the whole movie, nothing. Perhaps it will be corrected when the new rendering engine is complete.

Comment

Working...
                              X