• Show
Clear All

Mp4 has weird Crackle sound on Palm Pre

Type of file:
    Generic Mp4

Nature of the Problem:
    Sound

Exact Problem:
    When i play the movie as an mp4 on my Palm Pre same format as IPod but not. It makes a crackle sound more so on the left and you can faintly here movie sound in the backround.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Read and post what is mentioned below

by
    signals, Gregiboy and Complication

If you are posting about an operational problem with either the DVD to Mobile or File to Mobile option of DVD Fab, you will improve the speed and accuracy of the response by providing some information in the very first post that will be needed to assist you. Please have a look at the informational links in my signature below before reporting a problem as one of these may solve your problem.

Posts with all the requested information will be answered first.

First, make note of any error codes or messages that appear in popup boxes and put them in your post. Information on error codes that appear in the DVDFab UI are captured in one of the logs we request below.

DVDFab keeps logs of its activities that supply basic system information and can help pinpoint where and when an error happened and help pinpoint the cause. The default location for these logs on most Windows systems is:

C:\Documents and Settings\your username\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

The logs are simple text files that can be opened with Windows Notepad. If the size exceeds the forum’s attachment size limit, you may need to delete older entries or copy and paste the relevant ones into a new file.

dvdfab_process.log Attach if DVDFab crashes and the crash report window does not come up or complete correctly or if internal error codes appear in the DVDFab window (“Task Failed…”). Time stamped, most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_internal.log Attach for all problems. Time stamped, most recent at the bottom. Please edit to include only the most recent or relevant log session.

Make sure that you are using good procedures. Recommendations can be found here.

This Information Is Required!!!

The DVDFab version number. We suggest that you make sure that you are least using the latest Official Release which can be found here and recommend that you also try the latest Beta Version which can be found here.

The nature of the problem.
    The EXACT profile you used and any parameters within it that you may have changed.
    If using a custom profile, please attach it to your post.
    Whether this happens with all titles or just one.
    Your operating system/CPU/memory configuration.
    If you have made any recent changes to your OS or system hardware
    If you have other DVD or BD software installed, particularly if recently added.

For File to Mobile, this additional information will speed resolution of the problem:

SOURCE FILE TYPE:
    SOURCE VIDEO TYPE:
    SOURCE VIDEO RESOLUTION:
    SOURCE AUDIO TYPE:
    DVDFab VERSION:
    DVDFab PROFILE:
    OUTPUT RESOLUTION:
    OUTPUT CROP:
    OUTPUT BITRATE:
    OUTPUT PASSES:

Examples:
    SOURCE FILE TYPE: MKV, AVI, VOB, etc
    SOURCE VIDEO TYPE: H264, XVID, DIVX, MPEG
    SOURCE VIDEO RESOLUTION: 1080p, 480i, 720x480, etc.
    SOURCE AUDIO TYPE: AC3, MP3, AAC, etc.
    DVDFab VERSION: 6.2.1.0 Beta
    DVDFab PROFILE: generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy
    OUTPUT RESOLUTION: Same as source
    OUTPUT CROP: Auto
    OUTPUT BITRATE: 1000
    OUTPUT PASSES: 1

You can often use MediaInfo to get details of the source file.

Comment

The nature of the problem.
      Audio

The EXACT profile you used and any parameters within it that you may have changed.
      DVD to Mobile

Whether this happens with all titles or just one.
      All

Your operating system/CPU/memory configuration
      WinXP 2.5 GB of Ram

If you have made any recent changes to your OS or system hardware
      Nope.

The MP4 file plays fine on the computer only is problem on the phone.

Comment

Crackle is often an indication that the volume used greater than the device can deal with.

The "profile" being asked about are the items options you select in DVD to Mobile (ex. generic mkv h264 audiocopy).

Comment

Thats not the problem becuz i use the same headset on the computer and it does the same for another set of speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Shadow View Post
            Thats not the problem becuz i use the same headset on the computer and it does the same for another set of speakers.
            The crackle is created in the device when it tries to convert the digital stream to analog sound and the digital value is greater than the device can really handle. It does not mater what you plug in to listen to it. Many of the profiles in DVDFab allow you to increase or decrease the volume during the conversion and I think the default is an increase in volume.

Comment

That could be it is there way of going about fixing this without having to complete re-rip the disc?

Comment

You still haven't answered the profile question.

You would at least need to redo the MP4 file.

Comment

Yes its the default profile for generic mp4. And what do you mean by redoing it?

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Shadow View Post
                    Yes its the default profile for generic mp4. And what do you mean by redoing it?
                    It is frustrating when you do not give complete information.

Generic mp4 ??? ???

Specifically, if you are using an MP3 profile then there is a volume adjustment in the settings. I believe the default is greater than 100% which is good for some titles with low volume but may be bad for the specific DVD title and playback device.

Redo means re-run the profile with different settings to create a new file.

Comment

Alright i appoligize for not giving full detail but im a newbie so im not fully in just started ripping and the reason i dont want to redo the whole thing is for some reason it takes about 4 hours to rip it for me... (not DMA) i dunno why so im sure if you could help wit that do i would be more cooperative or make it easier for u but yeah. You wouldnt happen to use MSN would you becuz i do and i was wondering if could get urs?

Comment

None of us here give support by MSN. DO not ask such questions.

All questions should be posted on this forum because the process helps other users also.

As asked previously, supply details.
                        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
                        X