X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BluRay to File feedback

Playing around with latest version.

I seem to have a mixture of Dropped Frames and/or Audio Sync issues.

I am wading through the various options, converting from Band of Brothers Disk 2 which is VC1 and DTS HD going to 1280 x 720. So far:
    • mkv (h264.audiocopy) - Audio is badly out of sync, Video seems good. Converted in 1Hr 35min and 2.5GB
    • X-Box - Audio is out of sync, video is dropping Frames all the time. Converted in 1Hr 22min and 1.51GB.

Still doing other options although I think H264 and PS3 will be similar to X-Box as I beleive thay are all H264 based?

Of note though is that GPU acceleration seems to work for 1st time on my ATI HD 4550 card. Speed increase of around 30% although I think it depends upon what I am converting to. As can be seen above the mkv took longer but had worse compression so I think GPU did not help. When converting to H264 it was improving frame rate from around 17/18 to 25 approx. Never had much luck with GPU on previous 6.x variants. Using latest 10.2 ATI Driver on Win 7 x64.
    Last edited by justinhow; 03-09-2010, 08:35 PM.
    Windows 7 x64, 4GB RAM, Intel i7-860, ATI HD 4550 Drivers Catalyst 11.3

I haven't tried the "Blu-ray to Mobile" feature nor the 7.0.1.2 beta in general (yet), but I do use another program to rip some of my blu-ray movies to .mkv's and just basing my experience with that program, those times for ripping don't sound right...at least not for a good quality rip. I have a quad core processor and even with that, it still takes anywhere from 3-1/2 Hrs. (approx. 2.75GB @ 720p) to 4-1/2 Hrs. (approx. 3.5 GB @ 1080p) to rip a 1-1/2 hour long movie. The program I use makes 2 passes and the 2nd always takes longer. The video/audio sync/quality always turns out awesome though. Does the settings for the blu-ray to mobile rip allow you to select the number of passes? If it does and it's only on 1-pass, I'd change it to 2-pass. This allows for better syncing/quality. But you have to keep in mind, that blu-ray to mobile is a new feature for DVDFab and it will take awhile to work out the bugs and tweak it to where it will work correctly. Even the blu-ray to blu-ray feature doesn't work properly yet and it's been out for months!

Comment

Just to add some more detail, I am converting one episode of 1hr 5min duration and i am using the single pass mode at about 3300 kbps, which explains the speed. I will play with 2 pass when I have completed curreent tests. Really just trying to feed back info for other users and Devs. Pretty sure GPU Acceleration is helping quite a bit. Just using default values generally. Windows 7 x64, 4GB RAM, Intel E6750 Dual Core, ATI HD 4550.
      And to add:
      • AVI - Audio is badly out of sync, Video seems good. Converted in 1Hr 33min and 2.15GB
      Last edited by justinhow; 03-10-2010, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Note that the version in the title of this post has has changed.

The above was done with 7.0.1.2, but I have just done some more testing and the results appear to be the same for 7.0.2.1
        Last edited by justinhow; 03-16-2010, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X