This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sound out of sync

I have had sound out of sync problems for at least 6 months. Some dvds work just fine, others don't. All burn excellent video, and excellent sound, but the sound and video don't sync.

This generally does NOT happen in DVD to DVD mode, but happens about 50% of the time in DVD to Mobile mode, when I am trying to rip a DVD to mp4 (for iPhone).

This started happening about 6 months ago when I was using 5.2.5. It continued to happen when I upgraded to Ver 6, and it is still happening with Ver 7 (beta).

It only happens with DVDFab, not with any other process I use.

I have been struggling with this for quite some time.
    I have changed burner speeds, and changed a multitude of DVDFab settings. It doesn't happen consistenly, but only with select DVDs, and then DVDFab just simply won't sync sound to video no matter what. I've never been able to predict which ones it likes and which it doesn't, but it happens across multiple versions, and then only some of the time.

Your thoughts?
    Thanks.

Moved your post to a thread of your own.
    The thread you posted on has been dormant for 4 months.

Comment

Same issue with all of us. They have not fixed it yet. I opened a ticket with support. They said to upgrade to the beta version. I'll see what that does, but probably nothing. If anyone else has decent ripping software to recommend, please let me know. I would use handbrake but it doesn't allow audio volume increase and the rips always come out too quiet.

One question, are you changing the audio volume when you rip? I haven't tried whether that makes the difference, but I do know that when you watch back the rip, at some point during the movie the audio pops and the video stutters, and from that point on the audio is out of sync. Sometimes it happens more than once in the movie, sometimes early on, etc.

Comment

Layer break is the problem, dvd to dvd, then dvd to mobile should, in most cases, solve the audio lag.

Comment

It's not layer break. All my movies are copied to hdd first using DVD to DVD9, then I rip from HDD to mobile. It's a problem with the programming.

Comment

Working...
          X