This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2012 .VOB file with forced subpic

Hello there..... I have lerked the forums for some time and love the great info!!!!!! (I should firs tell you all I can't spell worth a S***..... lol)
    The problem I am having is I cannot copy 2012 to a .vob file with the forced subpicture to display. Movie copies fine but no forced subpicture I think I have tryed it all I check the box for "display only forced subpicture" have tryed all subpic options there is 3 of them in english. I read on here the first english is the one that has the subpic. I have all my movies on my home server as .VOB files and streem them to my ps3 and WDTV Live box on 2 tv's.
    Any help would be great thanks...................................

Sorry, this is not possible without re-encoding the video stream. The Vob Passthrough option in DVDFab simply dumps the stream from the DVD. The subtitles are separate.

The WDTV supports DVD structure playback so you may be able to do a Main Movie rip. However, I am unsure what DVD subtitle support the WDTV has.

There is no format available that combines MPEG2 (VOB) and subtitles that the PS3 will play. Your best bet would be to re-encode and have DVDFab render the subtitles in the video. There are existing PS3 profiles that you can try.

Comment

Originally posted by Complication View Post
      Sorry, this is not possible without re-encoding the video stream. The Vob Passthrough option in DVDFab simply dumps the stream from the DVD. The subtitles are separate.

The WDTV supports DVD structure playback so you may be able to do a Main Movie rip. However, I am unsure what DVD subtitle support the WDTV has.

There is no format available that combines MPEG2 (VOB) and subtitles that the PS3 will play. Your best bet would be to re-encode and have DVDFab render the subtitles in the video. There are existing PS3 profiles that you can try.
      Thank you for that info. I was affraid of that I read other people have had luck re-encode to h264 and other formats wile render the subs in. I have no problem doing that but my next question would be what is the best format to do that with NO VIDEO QUALITY LOST . The main reason I went to .VOB is I have a large collection of dvd's (over 270 and growing) and found the child and the wife destroying the originals so i make a backup of the original and put a .VOB copy on my home server so the child and Wife never touch a disk only scroll through a list of movies to find what they want. When I was figuring all this out I tryed a few formats and most looked really bad on a 50in hdtv, If i could change the format and render the subs in for this one movie I would but I am more anal about video quality than one movie missing a few subtitles........ Thank you all for your help and sorry for the long post.....

Comment

I have several players and the only common format is XVID. This works well on WDTV. I use 2 pass, 1100kbps, audio pass through. I cannot tell the difference between the DVD and XVID. File size is about 1.5G

Comment

Originally posted by billbell52 View Post
          I have several players and the only common format is XVID. This works well on WDTV. I use 2 pass, 1100kbps, audio pass through. I cannot tell the difference between the DVD and XVID. File size is about 1.5G
          Now by xvid what file format do you mean?? I thought xvid was a codec not a file format or am i wrong??

Comment

Working...
          X