This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Application Crash After Ripper Task(s)

Apologies, I mistakenly previously posted this in the general chat.

Greetings. I just updated to v12.0.4.4 and I'm seeing application crashes after every rip task. I was ripping several titles (episodes) from a single DVD when this started. I've tried reverting back a few versions and the issue persists. This also occurs with movie titles.

I've been using the app for a VERY long time with almost no issues so this is my first error post. I've attached a zip of my log folder for analysis, please let me know if there's a better procedure for troubleshooting.

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Did you receive a crash report field? Please save that report and send it to us manually. Thanks.

Comment

The same has been happening since I installed the video optimization. Different DVDs same failure without completion. The crash reports were sent, but did not give the opportunity save.

Comment

Okay, we will search the data and check them out.

Comment

I also see the crash reports getting sent but do not have the option to save.

Comment

I know this is slim to go on because we can't save/send reports, but I have been unable to rip anything for about 10 days. Is there anything else can do to assist in resolving? Thank you!

Comment

Please change the Save To target to a different directory to have a try and see if it will make a difference.

Comment

With the most recent update it will complete a single task, but crash before multiple (ie Multiple episodes on a Disc). I attached the internal log. There is nothing in the Crash_Report folder.

Comment

Another log in case this helps. If not, please let me know which you need. Haven't done much of the diagnosing before. Thanks again!
                  Attached Files

Comment

I tried point my rip output to a different folder and I'm seeing the same results. A successful rip but the application crashes and the app doesn't see the task as completed. Logs attached.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ElCid2002 View Post
                      Another log in case this helps. If not, please let me know which you need. Haven't done much of the diagnosing before. Thanks again!
                      Please go to Common Settings>General>A/V Codec, tick the "Disable all GPU codecs for decoding and encoding" box and uncheck the option "Enable Lightning-Recoding when applicable (accelerate H.264 software decoding and encoding)" to convert again and see if it will make a difference.

Comment

I unchecked Lightning Recoding and checked the Disable GPU option and the app still crashes after a rip task. No change.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                          I unchecked Lightning Recoding and checked the Disable GPU option and the app still crashes after a rip task. No change.
                          try going into common settings - dvd - pathplayer - disable pathplayer
                          restart dvdfab and retry ripping your discs again and see if you still get the crash

Comment

I too have been dealing with this issue for the last few versions, both suggestions in this thread have not worked for me, I've also attempted real media, and an ISO of the same media.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kslick View Post
                              I too have been dealing with this issue for the last few versions, both suggestions in this thread have not worked for me, I've also attempted real media, and an ISO of the same media.
                              Please zip the whole log folder and send it to us. Or you can use the Feedback button to supply the logs.
                              Log Files Help Our Developers Troubleshoot Your Problems Quickly Log files contain important information which can help our developers locate and troubleshoot your problems, so that they can come up with possible solutions to help you out in the shortest time possible. Therefore, whenever you encounter a problem using DVDFab

Comment

Working...
                              X