X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zapt View Post
    rowshom

Mona

Following those instructions changed nothing for me, I just ripped the same Blackadder episode that I previously uploaded as an example of this issue, and the audio is still noticeably out of sync (a second or two off). Did it change anything for you, rowshom ?

Note: There are NO error dialogs for this issue. There never were. Each rip completes normally, but the audio doesn't match the video.

Steve
    Please use other regular MKV profiles for the conversion now.
    The developer will need more time for figuring out a solution for this sync issue. Sorry for any inconvenience in this case.

Comment

I’m already about 60% of the way through re-ripping all my DVDs using the final version of DVDFab 11 with the MKV Passthrough profile. Let them know that that it works fine in 11.

I’ll experiment with other MKV profiles in 12, although my intent is to rip everything at full quality. I assume only the Passthrough profiles do that. I’ll let you know how some of the other version 12 MKV profiles work in terms of the sync issue.

Steve

Comment

Mona,

As promised, I tested some additional formats. Every profile (see the screenshot for the specific profiles tested)--except the MKV Passthrough--was perfectly in sync. Even the VOB Passthrough profile was in sync.

Steve

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-12-05.jpg
Views:	1550
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	403505

Comment

The audio sync issue seems to be widespread with version 12. I've tried DVD's, Blu-Ray and UHD and have the issue with all of them. I did try turning off all the GPU settings, but wasn't able to make a disc that way as I couldn't go without my PC for the 37 hours DVDFab 12 wanted to complete the task with only CPU and software support.

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin51 View Post
            The audio sync issue seems to be widespread with version 12. I've tried DVD's, Blu-Ray and UHD and have the issue with all of them. I did try turning off all the GPU settings, but wasn't able to make a disc that way as I couldn't go without my PC for the 37 hours DVDFab 12 wanted to complete the task with only CPU and software support.
            Which profile did you use?
            You may check if there is a driver update available for your graphics card, update it to have a try.
            Related logs are also needed.
            Please start a new thread to report your issue, it could be easier to check, thank you in advance.

Comment

Dropping back to 11.1.0.7 fixed the issue for the first movie DVD that I tried that had been having audio sync issues on 12. Will see how the others fare. I'll keep a copy of 11 just in case until the issue is resolved in 12+.

Comment

Update - Dropping back to 11.1.0.7 worked for all three of the movies I had that version 12 had issues with.

Comment

Add me to the list of users who are experiencing the same problem (audio not in sync in MKV passthrough).

Comment

I'm having the same problem with audio out of sync when using mkv.passthrough. Using the latest version: DVDFab12 64x, 12.0.7.5. All of the same symptoms described by other users here. Problem occurs regardless of whether GPU is enabled or disabled. Hope this is fixed soon -- seems like it's been a problem for a long time. When I use a competing product to create an MKV where the audio and video are simply passed through, there is no problem. So my work around is to use that other product, but I would prefer to use DVDFab since I'm a longtime, loyal user and like the program.

Comment

Has anyone tried v12.0.8.1 for DVD Ripper MKV Passthrough to see if the audio sync issues have been resolved for them? I didn't see it in any of the changelogs since 12.0.7.7 but thought I would try this version before going back to the last v11 release.

I tried it on one particular track that was less than 13 minutes long and was animated, and as far as I can tell for that one track the audio synced up just fine.

Going to (now) test it on other titles for this disc and (later) a longer movie to see if maybe this has finally been resolved...

Comment

Follow-up to previous (using same disc):

Titles that have a small runtime (e.g. under 13 minutes) the sync issue is negligable - at least on animation.

But longer titles (e.g. 22 min), there is a noticeable sync issue. Even a split-second difference is all it takes to ruin the watching experience.

So to sum up:

DF 12.0.8.1 still has an audio sync issue when ripping titles using the Ripper module for DVDs and using the profile of Theater (MKV.passthrough).

DF 11.1.0.7 does not have this impairment.

Comment

Is there any update for this issue? Is there anything needed to help resolve the issue?

I found this thread after I too see sync issues with MKV.Passthrough. I'm using 12.0.8.7. I'm using a Ryzen 9 5950x and AMD Radeon RX 6900XT.

Comment

Originally posted by Snarglefarg View Post
                            Is there any update for this issue? Is there anything needed to help resolve the issue?

I found this thread after I too see sync issues with MKV.Passthrough. I'm using 12.0.8.7. I'm using a Ryzen 9 5950x and AMD Radeon RX 6900XT.
                            there's 2 things you can try, 1st is to click common settings - av codec - switch everything to software - restart dvdfab
                            and retry MKV Passthrough and see if you get the audio out of sync issue.

2nd thing to try is install version 11.1.0.7 - https://www.dvdfab.cn/download.htm?ad=forum_nav
                            this version seems to fix the audio sync issue.

Comment

It appears that not all of the disks I ripped have sync problems. There's just a handful.

Originally posted by october262 View Post

there's 2 things you can try, 1st is to click common settings - av codec - switch everything to software - restart dvdfab
                              and retry MKV Passthrough and see if you get the audio out of sync issue.

2nd thing to try is install version 11.1.0.7 - https://www.dvdfab.cn/download.htm?ad=forum_nav
                              this version seems to fix the audio sync issue.
                              I tried the first suggestion with one of the discs that was out of sync but after switching everything to software, but the results were the same.

I then installed 11.1.0.7 and it fixed the problem. No more sync issue. It seems I'll stick with this build and appreciate the suggestion.

I'm happy to provide whatever is needed in order for the issue with 12.x to be fixed.

Comment

I reported this version 12 Ripper issue a year ago (in three days). My guess is that it isn't going to be fixed, so sticking with 11--at least for MKV Passthrough rips--is the only solution. As an alternative, you can try other DVDFab 12's ripping options. Of the ones I tested, only MKV Passthrough had the audio synch issue (see my 12-02-2021 post in this thread for the results).

Comment

Working...
                                X