Wrong Default Audio Track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Wrong Default Audio Track

I've tried ripping Total Recall, the 2012 version twice using two different copies to do this.
    Both times, the resulting English track turned out to be an "Audio Description" track which describes ever detail.

When loading the disk, it would show 3 Audio racks,

English AC-3/2 <------English Movie Audio Track
    French AC-3/5.1
    English AC-3/5.1 <----English Audio Description

with the last English track Automatically being the default.

The detected default track is in fact the "Audio Description" track.

Now if you use a Media player such as VLC Media Player or some other Media Player to open the disk, you would find that there is actually 4 audio tracks.

Audio Track 1 - English Directors Commentary
    Audio Track 2 - English Audio Description
    Audio Track 3 - English Movie Audio Track
    Audio Track 4 - French Movie Audio Track

For some reason, DVDFab is detecting the wrong audio track as default and is completely missing the Directors Commentary.

In the Advanced Settings I have it set to Copy both the Movie and Audio Tracks.

The Total Recall (2012) disks were the ones you can get at Walmart or on Amazon here in the United States.
    Don't know if this would be of any use, but here's the UPC number from the disk package. 0 43396 40960 6

The third time, I was able to successfully rip this disk, but only after I found the English AC-3/2 was the English Movie Audio Track.

This is the first movie I have had this problem with and as such, I felt I ought to alert staff of the problem in case there are others like this out there.

Hi, I have consulted the developer about your issue, and he needs an ISO copy of the movie Total Recall (2012) to help diagnose it. Please use Copy - Clone mode to create an ISO file and upload it to our FTP, thank you.

Comment

Working...
    X