This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

License Expiration issue

I am no longer able to use this product. I bought the DVDFab Platinum, which I thought bought me a lifetime of all options. I was trying to use file to mobile and dvdfab quit, telling me all my options had expired. Out of confusion / desperation I repurchased the mobile to dvd otpion (fab was still telling me my dvd to dvd was available in the registraiton splash page). I uninstalled fab, reinstalled it and activated it with my new key.

STILL NOTHING.

I've seen several other threads describing the same issue. Is there a bug out there with daylight savings? Can I get my money back if my original license does in fact never expire?

I love the product, I just want it to work. Thanks!

I didn't think File to Mobile was grandfathered in with the Platinum license, only DVD to DVD and DVD to Mobile. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Complication, you are correct.

Platinum was DVD to DVD & DVD to Mobile.

File to Mobile was released as a separate module and had to be purchased.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

jaybird216.

Go onto the fab website and request a new All-In-One key by email and once you have the key, have a read through the "Registration Problems" thread in the "Answers to Common Questions" section of the forum.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thanks GregiBoy but that did not work. I tried again this morning (I had already followed those steps last night), and I am still getting the same problem. As soon as I click "start" to convert an MKV to an AVI the program crashes on me.

I suppose it's worthy to note that I did have a copy of the 7.x beta installed at the same time as the registered 6.x version, however I deleted it yesterday when I started to have problems.

I've now since tried the uninstall/reinstall again, then uninstalled6 and reinstall the 7 beta, and I am still getting the same problem. I try to convert a file and the program crashes.

Comment

Originally posted by jaybird216 View Post
            Thanks GregiBoy but that did not work. I tried again this morning (I had already followed those steps last night), and I am still getting the same problem. As soon as I click "start" to convert an MKV to an AVI the program crashes on me.

I suppose it's worthy to note that I did have a copy of the 7.x beta installed at the same time as the registered 6.x version, however I deleted it yesterday when I started to have problems.

I've now since tried the uninstall/reinstall again, then uninstalled6 and reinstall the 7 beta, and I am still getting the same problem. I try to convert a file and the program crashes.
            Are you sure that you bought the File to Mobile option? Your lifetime license maybe give you DVD to DVD copy and DVD to mobile copy. File to mobile you need buy separate. READ PREVIOUS POSTS

Comment

Right, I did buy the file to mobile option. After some further investigation and testing I seem to have narrow the problem down to DVD FAB not liking the File to Mobile option when i am trying to convert an MKV that I've created from one of my Blu-Rays to an AVI. It just crashes the program.

Comment

you need to use Blu-ray to mobile for the mkv as the mkv is Blu-ray format and not already a mobile format to convert to another mobile format. So Blu-ray to mobile is what you need to try

Comment

Thanks AGJ,

if that's the case, then why does the program allow me to select an MKV as my original file? Also, i was able to successfully convert The Hurt Locker from MKV to AVI using file to mobile (once!) before the program decided it didn't like it anymore.

If it was a fluke and not a supported feature then I completely understand. I just want to make sure I have all the info. thanks,

Comment

Not sure why you was able to before but maybe it was all one file before so was able to convert but most Blu-ray rips are broken up in smaller file in same folder which could be what gives the problem. I have read that some are able to use file to mobile for MKV and some not and I think it because the MKV is one file and not multiple

Comment

File to Mobile is the correct option for MKV as the source file.

Blu-Ray to Mobile should be used against a disc, ISO, or a Blu-Ray structured directory.

There may be something in the MKV that DVDFab is choking on. Information from the "Help Us Help You" thread at the top of the forum would be a good next step, especially the MediaInfo output.

Comment

Working...
                      X