This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound Sync - Solution Found!

I knew I didn't always have this problem with the audio / video sync. I went back to my archive of old DVDFab releases (one good reason to keep them!). I finally found one that thus far has produced in sync rips of my movies that consistently had the sync problem. Braveheart is one example. No matter what it would be out of sync almost right from the start of the movie. Not so with DVDFab 5.1.0.0.

I am performing additional tests on other problem movies, but wanted to get this out as soon as possible considering the number of folks having this issue.

I'm not sure where you can get a copy of DVDFab 5.1.0.0 (released around October 2008), but if there is demand I can throw it on my website (shouldn't be a problem with anyone because you still need a valid registration key to use it more than 30 days).

I'll update again after I finish testing more movies!! I'm excited though

After more testing, the issue is not resolved. Its better but still a problem. I know I didn't use to have this issue. So perhaps it was an MS Update or some other software that was installed and caused a conflict. Maybe someone with a fresh install can test. We can compare setups as well (doubt its hardware).

I have Win7 64bit with all MS Updates. Nvidia graphics card (still does it with CUDA disabled tho). Not sure what else to try. Maybe I can fire up an old XP machine and see if it has the same problem. Really frustrating and support is no help. Seems to affect lots of users though.

Comment

Can you please do that as this seems to be one version that I missed downloading?

Originally posted by east1999 View Post
      I knew I didn't always have this problem with the audio / video sync. I went back to my archive of old DVDFab releases (one good reason to keep them!). I finally found one that thus far has produced in sync rips of my movies that consistently had the sync problem. Braveheart is one example. No matter what it would be out of sync almost right from the start of the movie. Not so with DVDFab 5.1.0.0.

I am performing additional tests on other problem movies, but wanted to get this out as soon as possible considering the number of folks having this issue.

I'm not sure where you can get a copy of DVDFab 5.1.0.0 (released around October 2008), but if there is demand I can throw it on my website (shouldn't be a problem with anyone because you still need a valid registration key to use it more than 30 days).

I'll update again after I finish testing more movies!! I'm excited though
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

hi,

the mobile-engine upgrade is in the working, I hope this can help you get perfect a/v sync result, but just need sometime, sorry for the problem boring you.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ting View Post
          hi,

the mobile-engine upgrade is in the working, I hope this can help you get perfect a/v sync result, but just need sometime, sorry for the problem boring you.

thanks
          Thank you very much for that information. I love DVDFab and recommend it to anyone who asks about DVD Backup software, but I do hate the fact that 30% or so of my backups have audio sync issues. I really enjoy backing up to the WMV format but for the audio sync problem films I have to backup to VOB and those don't play well on Media Center. Anyways, ones this issue gets resolved I can definitely say that this is the best program/tool of its kind! Thank you DVDFAB Team!

Comment

Yeah I do IT work and recommend it all the time to my clients who ask about DVD backup utilities. I'll see if I can test on a fresh WinXP install. The only other thing that happened around when this problem happened is I went from Vista to Win7. Glad they are working on it Ting!

Comment

xp and syn problems two

I have win xp on two computers and I am having the sync problem also. I noticed it when doing StarGate SG1 Season 6&7. Both computers with diffrent hardware and versions of dvdFab. I havent been able to check everything that I've converted for playback on a media box. I do know that the princess and the frog is out of sync too.

Comment

I have windows 7, i7 CPU, and a 280 GPU. Seems like the more DVDFab updates I get the worse the audio sync is with DVD to WMV conversions. It is so bad now that I have stopped using DVDFab. It used to be that 20% of my files had sync issues and now it is over 90%. Not worth playing with anymore.

This has been a known issue for over a year that DVDFab has made no attempt to explain or indicate how or when they are going to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bandalier View Post
                  I have windows 7, i7 CPU, and a 280 GPU. Seems like the more DVDFab updates I get the worse the audio sync is with DVD to WMV conversions. It is so bad now that I have stopped using DVDFab. It used to be that 20% of my files had sync issues and now it is over 90%. Not worth playing with anymore.

This has been a known issue for over a year that DVDFab has made no attempt to explain or indicate how or when they are going to fix it.
                  Actually they have said it has been fixed but they have to intigrate the BD to mobile engine into the DVD to Mobile engine first. That takes time to do correctly as they not want to break something that already works. Also no timeframe for when that will be done so do not bother to ask that

Comment

Wouldn't it be nice to have a list of known issues published instead of letting people keep complaining of known problems? There are actually quite a few of them. You could also include a list of feature requests and make an attempt to indicate if they will be incorporated or not and when.

You are a real company now and need to start planning and communicating about pending updates. Your software releases tend to be like a box of chocolates... you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

Originally posted by Bandalier View Post
                      Wouldn't it be nice to have a list of known issues published instead of letting people keep complaining of known problems? There are actually quite a few of them. You could also include a list of feature requests and make an attempt to indicate if they will be incorporated or not and when.

You are a real company now and need to start planning and communicating about pending updates. Your software releases tend to be like a box of chocolates... you never know what you are going to get.
                      I and the rest of the mods, admins are just users like you who donate our time to help out solving the issues that users like you have. If you just want to keep complaining and give us volunteers a hard time then we can give you a vacation from posting on this forum. No response to this is needed as this thread is now closed

Comment

Working...
                      X