This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-Ray to Mobile (MP4 option)

When I try to use the Blu-Ray to Mobile and create an MP4 file for my iTouch or for my coming iPad the resulting video is very jerky, ie. the picture seems to be shaking violently and audio is garbled when the pic shakes. I have tried to convert to AVI and it works fine but my iPod doesn't like AVI files. If I try to convert the AVI, using a video file type converter, the MP4 file freezes and audio is distorted.

Any help would be appreiated.

hi,

please tell me more information about this problem.
    which movie is your converted, and only this movie have this problem
    and what profile is your using, generic.mp4, current we not provide the iTouch profile in "Blu-ray to Mobile".

thanks.

Comment

So far I have tried "The Hangover", "Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs", and "Planet 51" all with the same results. The picture is jumping and sound is distorted with the jumping. All using the standard MP4.a264 Conversion.

Comment

BR to MP4 = Jerky Movie

I also tried the blu-ray to mp4 and the video is clear but it appears the the movie jumps frames appearing like a jerky or strobe effect typr of movement instead of smooth. This is what happens with all of my BR movies to MP4 encoding.

Comment

hi,

looks the problem is caused by the mp4 mux, maybe there are some param not add correctly for the HD source, I will check it.

thanks very much for the report.

Comment

Originally posted by ting View Post
            hi,

looks the problem is caused by the mp4 mux, maybe there are some param not add correctly for the HD source, I will check it.

thanks very much for the report.
            Did this ever get taken care of? I using 7.0.7.0 going from a ripped blu-ray to mobile (iPad) using default 1024x576 and 1024x432, both 2 pass and 1 pass, both with hardware video excel on and set to software and I get this strobe effect in all settings. It started with the HBO miniseries the Pacific.

Comment

I'll second that. Not had much luck with Blu-Ray to mobile. Tried again the other day with the latest version but still the same effect. Encodes successfully but the output video is just jerky, as if the frame rate has been set to the wrong level. If this can get fixed it will be my main use of DVDFab going forward, have loads of Blu-Rays I'd like to watch again on the mix of mobile devices we have in the house.

Comment

I am using BD --> MP4 movie is Pirates 2.
                I keep getting this error:
                DVDFAb7 has encountered a problem and needs to close.
                Here is the info from dvdfab_internal log:

DVDFab 7.0.6.7 (2010/06/07 19:54:06)

0m 00.50s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
                0m 18.20s: detected dvd
                0m 18.25s: drive D
                0m 18.25s: video dvd 1
                0m 18.26s: volume label 9
                0m 27.10s: got copyright 1 fe
                0m 27.78s: got udf/iso
                0m 29.98s: got discinfo
                0m 59.56s: got dvdinfo

DVDFab 7.0.6.7 (2010/06/07 20:37:21)

0m 00.36s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
                0m 57.04s: detected dvd
                0m 57.11s: drive D
                0m 57.11s: video dvd 1
                0m 57.11s: volume label 9
                0m 57.62s: got copyright 1 fe
                0m 58.26s: got udf/iso
                1m 00.50s: got discinfo
                1m 59.39s: got dvdinfo

DVDFab 7.0.6.7 (2010/06/07 21:19:28)

0m 00.31s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1

DVDFab 7.0.6.7 (2010/06/07 21:21:51)

0m 00.31s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1

DVDFab 7.0.6.7 (2010/06/08 17:35:22)

0m 00.45s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1

DVDFab 7.0.6.7 (2010/06/08 17:36:09)

0m 00.28s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1

Comment

Has there been any update on this issue? I'm having the same issues with all my BDs and this is specifically why I bought this product! I'm currently using 7.0.7.0 (8/06/2010) on Dell m6400 quad-core with nvidia video card with 1gb on Vista 64 & 8 gb ram. Have tried several different settings & profiles and video looks stuttered like a strobe but sound seems fine...

Comment

So whatever the issue is, it appears to be specific to the mp4 encoding formats. When I encode to avi the video looks and plays fine without the stuttering. Unfortantely the iPad and ps3 don't recognize avi files. Next I'm going to try to convert the avi to mp4 and see if it has the same problem of if it's only on the initial conversion....

Comment

Originally posted by Mystic1 View Post
                      So whatever the issue is, it appears to be specific to the mp4 encoding formats. When I encode to avi the video looks and plays fine without the stuttering. Unfortantely the iPad and ps3 don't recognize avi files. Next I'm going to try to convert the avi to mp4 and see if it has the same problem of if it's only on the initial conversion....
                      Keep us posted...I was only able to convert one blu-ray to ipad, Percy Jackson worked fine the first time...but nothing since and I tried that disc again and it does stuttering thing again.

Comment

BD to mp4 direct is the problem. At least in my testing. I was able to rip several bd direct to avi (without going to HD first) and the used the file to mobile option to convert the avi to ps3 and iPad. The ps3 maintained the 5.1 sound and has no stuttering!! The process takes twice as long since I have to essentially process each movie twice, but it worked!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mystic1 View Post
                          BD to mp4 direct is the problem. At least in my testing. I was able to rip several bd direct to avi (without going to HD first) and the used the file to mobile option to convert the avi to ps3 and iPad. The ps3 maintained the 5.1 sound and has no stuttering!! The process takes twice as long since I have to essentially process each movie twice, but it worked!!
                          Thats good to know, but they really need to fix this. How about it guys, are you working on a fix for us??

Comment

Ripping from BD to mkv is faster and gives better audio than the rip to avi. The avi format decreases the sound too much and then introduces some slight distortions when converted to mp4. The mkv to mp4 is much better. Pretty much as good as the original.

Comment

Before I go on, I just want to say I've been a Fab user for several years (DVDFab 3?), and have loved the program.

Unfortunately, lacking any indication of when the mp4 issues (of which there seem to be many) will be resolved, I found another app that seems to do the BD -> mp4 rips flawlessly. I still prefer the DVDFab interface and options so I do hope they get theirs working soon, but until they do, i'll have to use the other program. Out of respect & loyalty (and forum rules) I won't mention the competitors name and just hope sometime soon I can be a Fab fan again.

Comment

Working...
                              X