Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Actually Set the Media Title for a Ripped Program?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper How to Actually Set the Media Title for a Ripped Program?

Does anyone know of a way to control what Media Title is stored by DVDFab when ripping a program from a DVD? Sometimes I get the full file name that I specified on the task, sometimes it actually stores the real movie title, and sometimes, when DVDFab totally misidentifies the disc, the media title is just flat wrong. For example, I ripped a foreign movie called A Generation, and DVDFab insists that the disc is really My Little Pony: A New Generation, and THAT is the internal Media Title that it sets!. This is getting really irritating.

I am looking for a way to actually specify what the Media Title should be instead of just hoping that DVDFab stores something reasonably close!

I am using the MKV.265 profile, and doing multiple tests using the same DVD .iso file as input; even then the results are not consistent. When I ripped Despicable Me 2, One task stored the actual movie name, but 7 other tests with the same file all set the media title to the output file name I specified for the rip task. The media title I am talking about is the one I see when played in VLC or in the Media Info app.

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-20230320-153612.png
Views:	113
Size:	219.1 KB
ID:	423365
    You may correct the name here to try again.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Mona. I have actually used that option to search for a better match, and it does often help, even if it is a little time consuming. However, I would still like to know if there is a way to actually type in the exact media Title I want stored in the metadata? When I type it in the field at the bottom left of the task, that always sets the output file name, and SOMETIMES it also is used as the internal media title, but not always.

Comment

Below are two places that could affect the name. The second image is from the Common Settings panel.

Name:	screenshot-20230321-115025.png
Views:	108
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	423416

Name:	screenshot-20230321-115110.png
Views:	88
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	423417

As for the one that you have a problem with, please offer us more info. Title name, and screenshots of your steps, we will follow your steps to have a try. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X