Subtitles Remuxed Into File Are "Unidentified"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Subtitles Remuxed Into File Are "Unidentified"

I am ripping DVDs, using the disc .iso file as input, and the profile MKV.H265. When I include any subtitles in the task, they are in the file and they do play properly, but they are only shown as "Unidentified". Every subtitle track is shown as just "Unidentified".

Which subtitle mode did you pick? We will also need the dvdfab_internal log file too, please provide it, thank you.

Comment

I am using Remux into file and VobSub. When the movie output is played in VLC, the subtitle tracks are shown as "Track1 - [English]", but the same file played in Kodi is shown as "Unknown (1/4)".

I am also seeing another intermittent problem. Some of the recent test rips I have done do not have any chapter marks in them when the output file is played. for example, this morning I ripped two DVDs for the log: Despicable Me 2 and The Secret Life of Pets. Yesterday, when I ripped Despicable Me 2, the output file has all normal chapters, but the output from today's test does not (neither does the other program). I have verified that I have Preserve Chapters checked in the Advances Settings, and I cannot figure out why sometimes I get chapters, and sometimes I do not.

Logs attached from today's fresh start of DVDFab.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mauser View Post

I am also seeing another intermittent problem. Some of the recent test rips I have done do not have any chapter marks in them when the output file is played. for example, this morning I ripped two DVDs for the log: Despicable Me 2 and The Secret Life of Pets. Yesterday, when I ripped Despicable Me 2, the output file has all normal chapters, but the output from today's test does not (neither does the other program). I have verified that I have Preserve Chapters checked in the Advances Settings, and I cannot figure out why sometimes I get chapters, and sometimes I do not.

Logs attached from today's fresh start of DVDFab.
        About this problem, maybe you just uninstall and reinstall the software to have a try?
        It's the same version that worked yesterday but not today, I assume it could be affected by something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

About this problem, maybe you just uninstall and reinstall the software to have a try?
          It's the same version that worked yesterday but not today, I assume it could be affected by something else.
          Thank you for the suggestion, but it did not work at all. I completely uninstalled DVDFab, then reinstalled the newest version that was just released 12.1.0.2. Using a completely different disc .iso file for the source, the first time I ripped the files (using MKV.Passthrough), there were no chapter marks. I repeated the rip tasks and the output files this time DID have the expected chapter marks. I reported this through the DVDFab Feedback option, and my Feedback ID is 198662 to locate the logs that were sent.

Comment

After numerous tests, it seems as though the problem with not preserving chapters is being caused by selecting to include only Forced subtitles in the rip task! If I include normal English subtitles, the output has chapters, but if I run the identical task and select to Display only forced and normal English subtitles, the output has NO chapters.
            Last edited by Mauser; 03-22-2023, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mauser View Post
              After numerous tests, it seems as though the problem with not preserving chapters is being caused by selecting to include only Forced subtitles in the rip task! If I include normal English subtitles, the output has chapters, but if I run the identical task and select to Display only forced and normal English subtitles, the output has NO chapters.
              I will get the QA team to test it.

Comment

Working...
              X