This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No higher resolutions available?

Sorry to bother anyone, but could anyone please explain, why thread http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=4133 was closed?

I did read the copyright link. So? I clearly stated that I do not have the original Blue Ray anymore from which the mkv was created. I did not give any reason for this neither felt I obligated to do so. I could have lost the original BR, it could have been stolen from me or anything else could have happened to it.

It's my legal right to make a copy for security reason and do whatever I want with that copy as long as I do not give that copy away in any illegal way.

So I ask again, if the new beta v7 of DVDFab has indeed not an annoying bug that needs to be fixed before the final version is released why does v7 limit the available resolutions in a way v6 did not?

watcher

The original disc is your proof of copyright ownership. Your copies are (theoretically) legal under fair use as long as your copy is in your possession. If you lend, sell, or loose the original then the copies become a copyright violation. Unfortunately, you cannot insulate yourself from loss or theft of the original copyrighted work no more than you can insulate yourself from the loss or theft of a $20 bill in your wallet.

This forum is not beyond the reach of US Copyright Laws and so descriptions of violations of such laws are not tolerated. You may not agree with it, but the protection of the forums is more important than your specific question.

As part of our zero-tolerance policy for copyright violations, any thread or post that leads one to believe they are being violated will receive punitive action included closure, redaction, delete, and/or ban.

Comment

Working...
    X