This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Beta No higher resolutions available

I've also had the same question when I've been ripping my personally owned BR disks. I'm making backups so I can stream over my network to my TV and found that the the limited resolutions make it confusing.

For instance, when doing BR to mobile using mkv.h264.audiocopy why isn't 1920x1080 available and made the default? The best resolution available is 1920x800.

I think it is a valid question that deserves an answer.

For me using v6 works well with all resolutions. I will stick with v6 until this bug has been fixed.

watcher

Comment

Originally posted by tsutton View Post
      For instance, when doing BR to mobile using mkv.h264.audiocopy why isn't 1920x1080 available and made the default? The best resolution available is 1920x800.
      This would indicate that the movie is at an aspect ratio wider than the 16x9 for standard 1080p (black bars on top and bottom when played). There is nothing missing.

Comment

Complication is totally correct.

A lot of movies are not composed at 16:9. I have seen them as high as 1:2.40 (This aspect ratio is usually listed on the back of the case) which would equate to 1920 x 800.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

That still wouldn't explain the differences between v6 and v7.

watcher

Comment

Have you attempted editing the profile file to give you the resolutions that you want?

It maye be something in that doing it.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

No, I have not. Since v6 works well without it but v7 not I would rather see v7 getting back the functionality of v6.

Comment

Don't be lazy.

Once you get into editing the profiles to meet your EXACT requirements, you will never look back !!!

Comment

Yes, or I keep using v6 until the devs fix that obvious error in the current beta.

Comment

I didn't think to do the math -- > 1920/800 = 2.4 = resolution for most big movies. Thx.

Comment

Working...
                    X