This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which title to select

I'm sure this question has been asked and answered before but my searches turn up nothing. I have personally owned BR disks I'm backing up so I can stream over my home network. On most disks it is obvious which title to select when doing a mkv remux or h264 audiocopy. Right now I'm staring at Princess and the Frog and there are four titles with the same playtime and number of chapters. When I play the disk in PowerDVD it says title 1 and nothing more. The titles listed in DVDFab are 289-291. Is there an easy way to determine which title should be selected when backing up?

Thanks....

Moved thread to correct forum and removed unneeded "where does it go" posts.

Comment

If powerdvd plays title #1.
      If VLC plays title #1.
      If your standalone player plays title #1.

Then rip title #1.

Comment

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
        If powerdvd plays title #1.
        If VLC plays title #1.
        If your standalone player plays title #1.

Then rip title #1.
        Point is DVDFab shows titles 289 through 292 + 363. All look identical except for one which has one less language option. So, how do I select without ripping each one then watching them all?

Comment

If PowerDVD plays title 1 but Fab doesn't even have that option to select then my guess is it's not supported yet since it's a new release. Send the info files to fengtao via Fab and include a link to this thread.
          Make sure you're using beta version 7027 and not an older version also.

Comment

Its a bluray disk so I'm not sure what the equivalent file to a DVD info file is. Help?

Comment

Open Fab and common settings with the disc inserted. Click send info and Fab will do the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by tsutton View Post
                I'm sure this question has been asked and answered before but my searches turn up nothing. I have personally owned BR disks I'm backing up so I can stream over my home network. On most disks it is obvious which title to select when doing a mkv remux or h264 audiocopy. Right now I'm staring at Princess and the Frog and there are four titles with the same playtime and number of chapters. When I play the disk in PowerDVD it says title 1 and nothing more. The titles listed in DVDFab are 289-291. Is there an easy way to determine which title should be selected when backing up?

Thanks....
                Select each of the tracks individually and then view in the video preview window in the lower left (expand if you have to by double clicking on it) to veiw the track that has the correct language for the opening credits. No need to watch the whole thing, just up to the opening credits or similar. From what I can tell, these identical tracks are for each of the supported languages. Usually English is the first, but not always. Also, I have found that Fab is NOT always correct so don't rely on whatever Fab picks.

AMD Phenom II X4 3.2Ghz | Radeon HD 4670 | Win7 Pro x64 | 8 GB | Synology DS211j 5TB | Wired GbE | 2x WDTV Live + |

Comment

Working...
                X