This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS3 Bluray sound issue

When attempting to backup one of my blurays (the informant). The sound lags about 5 full seconds behind. Anyone else having this issue? I have a 3 month old top of the line quadcore doing the processing if this helps. The steps I use are: Rip from disk to file, then from file to ps3 mobile setting, then stream from computer to ps3 over network. I have had mixed results with the new software. A couple have worked pretty good, while others are unwatchable. Please update when more is known.

Not sure it will help, but rather than using File to Mobile you should be using Blu-Ray to Mobile. Just select the ripped folder as the source.

I seen other reports of audio sync problems so switching may not solve the problem.

Comment

Same Here

I have posted same comments and observations since the release of DVDFab7 when trying to go from BR or File to PS3. A/V lags by a few seconds. Video is also a little juttery - which has been reported by others as well.

Would like to know if anyone has actually been successful with this feature.

AMD Phenom II X4 3.2Ghz | Radeon HD 4670 | Win7 Pro x64 | 8 GB | Synology DS211j 5TB | Wired GbE | 2x WDTV Live + |

Comment

I can concur that the same issues still exist with the latest 7.0.2.7 BluRay to File option.

Audio lags badly (certainly with DTS-HD) and video is juddery.

Tested on mp4.h264.aac converting VC1 + DTS-HD to 1280x720.
        Windows 7 x64, 4GB RAM, Intel i7-860, ATI HD 4550 Drivers Catalyst 11.3

Comment

Originally posted by Complication View Post
          Not sure it will help, but rather than using File to Mobile you should be using Blu-Ray to Mobile. Just select the ripped folder as the source.

I seen other reports of audio sync problems so switching may not solve the problem.
          thanks for the help but I am using the bluray to mobile (I was unclear) and still the same result. From what I'm reading now it sounds like fentago and ting have some WORK to do. Just joking but seriously is this being addressed yet? Not asking for an ETA but atleast some acknowlegement that it is being researched.

thanks for the help

ps I've been Patient with the bluray to bluray (Purchased it early with little actual results, which have slowly improved) program but this one I will not purchase until there is a fully working program. I appreciate DVDFAB immensely and cant wait until the kinks are worked out.

As always
          DVDFAB Enthusiast

Comment

hi,

Thanks report his problem first.

thanks for the help but I am using the bluray to mobile (I was unclear) and still the same result. From what I'm reading now it sounds like fentago and ting have some WORK to do. Just joking but seriously is this being addressed yet?
            There are have some work to do, if we want to get perfect result for every disc.

When attempting to backup one of my blurays (the informant). The sound lags about 5 full seconds behind.
            about your problem, I have one question: the sync problem just happen on this disc or others ?

to tjkaz and justinhow

Please tell me the disc name of your test ? so I can try to repeat the problem.

thanks.

Comment

This is the third disc it has happened to. I have got two disc to work successfully. Sorry for lack of details but I dont remember the othe disc off the top of my head(at work). From this point foward I will note all disc that are having issues.

thanks for the response Ting

Comment

The Blu Ray I use to test is "Band Of Brothers" Disc 2 - 1st episode.

However I think this issue is common to all Blu Rays using VC1 and DTS-HD

I have never actually managed to do a BluRay to MP4 copy (mp4.h264.aac) on v7 that has has smooth video. They all seem have juddery video playback and any that use DTS-HD certainly have audio sync issues.
                Windows 7 x64, 4GB RAM, Intel i7-860, ATI HD 4550 Drivers Catalyst 11.3

Comment

Originally posted by ting View Post
                  hi,

Thanks report his problem first.

There are have some work to do, if we want to get perfect result for every disc.

about your problem, I have one question: the sync problem just happen on this disc or others ?

to tjkaz and justinhow

Please tell me the disc name of your test ? so I can try to repeat the problem.

thanks.
                  Hi Ting,
                  I posted some initial results here.
                  I have also had similar A/V lag with National Lampoon Christmas Vacation BR - also a movie with VC-1 codec.
                  I have not tried BR movies that use MPEG4 or AVCHD since I have been successful making them work directly from the M2TS file(s) using tsmuxer and eac3to to get the audio in the format that the PS3 wants.
                  As I have said before, if you can do a profile for BR similar to what you have done for DVD to PS3 (PS3 VOB passthrough) I would be very happy.
                  Since storage space is so cheap, I don't care about the file size and BR M2TS files stream perfectly over my gigabit network to my PS3. Only issue I have is that the time stamp (or something) isn't correct with the M2TS files and they all show up with some really long and erroneous movie lenghts which seems to affect the ability to rewind or fastforward properly.
                  I will try a BR that does not use VC-1 codec and see if I get a better result and will post back.
                  Thanks, and looking forward to this feature working properly.
                  tjkaz

AMD Phenom II X4 3.2Ghz | Radeon HD 4670 | Win7 Pro x64 | 8 GB | Synology DS211j 5TB | Wired GbE | 2x WDTV Live + |

Comment

As I have said before, if you can do a profile for BR similar to what you have done for DVD to PS3 (PS3 VOB passthrough) I would be very happy.
                    Since storage space is so cheap, I don't care about the file size and BR M2TS files stream perfectly over my gigabit network to my PS3. Only issue I have is that the time stamp (or something) isn't correct with the M2TS files and they all show up with some really long and erroneous movie lenghts which seems to affect the ability to rewind or fastforward properly.
                    I also would love to have a passthrough option for the BR to PS3 program. I use this for DVD's and it works great(except for the above mention issue).
                    Last edited by LankyHank888; 03-26-2010, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X