This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best settings for mkv

I am new to the mkv container and I am looking for the best way to rip/backup my BD's to mkv so i can access them on my shared network without having a bunch of huge 40+gb files in storage.
    What i am looking for exactly is to keep the full res (1080p) video and HD-audio and thats it. I saw the file in 'blu-ray to mobile' and thought I might be on the right track.
    Should I rip main movie (seems fab auto-selects wrong video sometimes, but no biggie) and then use that or rip straight from disc.
    Thanks in advance
    System: KURO 60" (PRO-141FD), Oppo BDP-83, Denon AVR-4810CI, JBL Studio (Series 1) S38 (pair), S36 (2xPair), S-Center, Infinity Interlude 100s Sub, HTPC: Z-TECS HT1, Room Size: 12' x 21' x 9', Collection: DVD-4300+, BD-270+

hi,

About the using mkv to save your Blu-ray source, current there are two solution in "Blu-ray to mobile".

first, if you want quickly to get result, you can select mkv.remux, which will not do any transcoding, just remux the original video and audio. the only shortcoming is the output file size maybe very huge. of course, you can drop some audio track to decrease the file size, this solution is quickly and not any quality loss.

second, select "mkv.h264.audiocopy" profile, which will encode video file, and decrease the file size, but which will use some time, the speed is depend on your PC.

You can try it, and find which method is suit for you. thanks.

Comment

TY for the quick response here. It sounds like the remux is what I want...I figure if I even have a file that is 10-20gb I am okay rather than storing 35-50gb... I use 2tb AV (4) drives in my HTPC so this shouldn't be to much of a problem. The whole point is this way I should be able to play them in mc7 with no problem at all..
      Thx again
      System: KURO 60" (PRO-141FD), Oppo BDP-83, Denon AVR-4810CI, JBL Studio (Series 1) S38 (pair), S36 (2xPair), S-Center, Infinity Interlude 100s Sub, HTPC: Z-TECS HT1, Room Size: 12' x 21' x 9', Collection: DVD-4300+, BD-270+

Comment

Working...
      X