This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error=7(501 17) Xbox 360 Since V7

What's going on with DVDFab lately? I've ripped and converted over 1700 titles without a problem and now since version 7 it's been nothing but a headache! Nothing has changed on my computer so i know it's dvdfabs issue. Every time i try to convert a show or movie now almost all of them are a Failed Error=7(501 17) I haven't suddenly forgotten how to type the title name as some have suggested wrong character usage so what is the fix for this? Any help is appreciated as i'm sure there are MANY others as frustrated as I am.

Error 7 is as likely as not a pooched registry entry, try uninstalling Fab using the supplied uninstaller and then remove all references of DVD7 with a cleaner like CCleaner then install from a fresh download.

Keep your key safe!
    Last edited by 90312; 03-27-2010, 06:38 PM.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Tried All of the above and it still will not convert using xbox 360 setting. Still sayys Task_1 failed! Error=7(501 17) on 7 movies in a row. I'm using Vista 64 bit if that helps.

Comment

Yep, I just installed Windows 7 64 bit so I tried it and get the same error almost as soon as I click start.

Moved to a 32 bit machine and tried, same error about one second after pressing the start button. Tried 9 and 10 both and both errors out.
        Last edited by 90312; 03-27-2010, 09:28 PM.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Have you had any luck getting it to work? It still Errors out for me also. Hopefully this will get fixed soon.

Comment

Yes I got it to work but don’t fully understand. And I don’t know if this will work for you. I set the frame resolution to 600 X xxx and it works. Once I selected 600 x 480 nothing larger appears in the resolution selection anymore but both 9 and 10 work now. I don’t have an Xbox to try them on but they play nicely with VLC. You can give it a try but your 720 X xxx resolution may disappear on you, mine did?

Albert Einstein

Comment

Same here with 7.0.3.0, works if output is 600- X yyy if you change the output to 600+ X yyy get a (501 17) seconds after starting the process.

Maybe has something to do with the new HD output for the 360?

Either way it sucks

Comment

I just went back to Version 6 and all is well. I guess it might get fixed in a later update. Until then i'm back in working order. Thanks for the help anyway.

Comment

hi,

We have checked this problem, which will be fixed in next beta version, and the problem is like robert3433 said, please temporary select the output size in even number, like 640x480, which will process no problem.

next beta version will check this automatically.

thanks

Comment

Thank you ting for the reply and the hard work of keeping this fabulous software running as smoothly as you do.

Comment

Problem with error code and resolution is fixed for me with 7.0.3.2, can now convert to any size including the 720 x YYY!!

Now if the audio sync issue gets fixed everything will be good again!

Comment

720 is evenly divisible by 2 and as long as “YYY” was you were good to go. I noticed on 7.0.3.5 all the frame resolutions in the X Box profiles are.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                        X