Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just finished running on MP4 and it worked... So it looks like the problem is with the ipod/iphone option

Comment

Tested another title and I'm having odd results but not just with the ipod profiles but with mkv also. Tried an older release 'Syriana' and if I untick "display only forced subpicture" I get the forced subs only but ticking it I get no subs.
      Signals or one of the other members might can shed some light on this, I'm not really an expert on the DVD to Mobile option or how and when to get subs. I need to do some reading on this myself to understand it all.

Also moving this thread to the DVD to Mobile subforum.

Comment

One other thing, the forced subs are not always on the 1st english track, for syriana it was on the 2nd english track. That may be where you're having problems also.

Comment

I just tried doing Ponyo and All Monsters Attack with their original Japanese audio with English subs and they didn't encode to the video. I have 7.0.2.7. It had "Direct Render To Video" when I went to "Edit" after selecting the main movie, but oddly it didn't have subs on either of the movies.

Comment

Ok, I updated DVDFab to the newest version and redid Ponyo. There are subs; but they are blue, delayed, and oddly removable. This is what my screenshot looked like:

Edit:

I just played back Ponyo on iTunes and there are no subtitles for it.
            Last edited by LHall1989; 03-29-2010, 03:36 AM.

Comment

By looking at the output files "Extract to idx/sub file" was selected in the edit screen and not "direct render to video".

Comment

I'm using the free 30 day trial version, it does not have that option which you stated.

Comment

Yes I can not see the "Extract to idx/sub file" option for Ipod settings but it is in the generic settings which is not ipod settings. Did you check the "Display only forced subpicture" on the DVDFab main screen before you went to the edit options screen. Check out the highlighted part of the screenshot I attached
                  Attached Files

Comment

I found a workaround on it and it's working now. When I clicked "DVD to Mobile" I selected "More" and then chose "MP4" then I selected "ipod.mpeg4" and oddly the setting changed and it displayed "Direct render to video" and "Extract to idx/sub file". And direct render to video worked and the movie is now on my iPod.

Comment

Well glad it worked for you

Comment

I can confirm that the setting in post #22 gives you the "Extract to idx/sub file" subtitles and not "Direct render to video" hopefully the devs will see this thread and find out what is going on

Comment

Hopefully, this helps the OP out too. I was freaking out a little myself since I have a trip coming up at the end of April and wanted to get a bunch of my movies converted over.

Comment

Glad you got it working at least, I think this is what the op did also. I can't understand how it was extracted as a idx/sub, all of my test never had results like that. Have a safe trip and a great day.

Comment

Every time I have tried making a backup I have selected "direct render" and it still makes the sep. folders and no subtitles rendered on the movie. This is definitely something that needs to be fixed in the next update.

Comment

Did you do as I stated? When you are on DVD to Mobile select MP4. Then go to edit and then at the top change the MP4 setting to "ipod.mpeg4" and you are good to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X