Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reccomended Settings DVD to File (MKV, MP4)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reccomended Settings DVD to File (MKV, MP4)

Hi All,

New to the forum and reasonably new to ripping DVDs. I'm about to purchase a media streamer that is capable of playing most file types and so I want to rip my DVD collection to my NAS. The HDD in my NAS is only 500GB presently so I was not planning on ripping to .VOB. I understand that DVDfab can produce good quality .avi, mkv, mp4 etc files using various codecs (though popular opinion is to use the h264 codec in a MP4 or MKV container).

I'm aiming for a file size of around 1.5 - 2GB per movie at the 'best' resolution and bit rate. I realise this can be subjective and that with compression comes loss of quality.

I'll be watching on a 32" LCD through an HDMI cable (I know the source wont be HD, but it maybe at some point!)

I think its version 6.2 I'm using

I dont imagine I am the first person to do this and so I was hoping that some users would share their settings with me. I couldnt see any forum topics that already contained this type of info.

cheers.

Have a read of my "Best Practice: DVD to Mobile" thread (Links in my signature below) and also try out the Samsung profile which was listed in the "New Profiles" section of the forum.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
    X