This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.mkv or .mp4 or .avi ect?

ok forgive me it might sound stupid I am a total newb at convertion. Take away the factor that some players wont play some formats. My question is if you had a choice to use any format what would be yours? Is there any REAL quality differance in the .avi, .mkv. .mp4 or just the codec (h264, xvid, divx)? Sorry if this is a repost but I seen nobody ask this question directly.

And I messed up and put this in blu-ray can I get it moved to dvd to moble?
    Last edited by Bigford352; 04-01-2010, 08:36 PM.

Originally posted by Bigford352 View Post
    And I messed up and put this in blu-ray can I get it moved to dvd to moble?
    Moved as requested

Comment

The codec is the only thing that makes a difference as far as quality is concerned. Various file formats allow different kinds of video, audio, and other streams. Your playback device may have restrictions on which file formats it supports (but you knew that).

Comment

Originally posted by Complication View Post
        The codec is the only thing that makes a difference as far as quality is concerned. Various file formats allow different kinds of video, audio, and other streams. Your playback device may have restrictions on which file formats it supports (but you knew that).
        Thank you that is exactly what I needed to know. and as far as codec Im gussing h264 is the way to go if your divice suports it? I tryed a movie at 1500 bitrate and xvid and the same on h264 I think h264 looked a little better.

Comment

As a general statement, I feel that the H264 codec gives better results than the XVid/DivX codecs, but as the guys said, it depends on your player.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
          X