Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plans for a DVD to MKV Passthrough Profile?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plans for a DVD to MKV Passthrough Profile?

I'm testing out Bluray to Mobile and DVD to Mobile right now. Bluray to mobile works great, creating trimmed down mkvs out of the disks at 100% of the original quality (but just the language i'm interested in, and no additional bonus-crap, just the movie).

Now I'd like to do the same for my dvds. I'm testing out some other ways, too, but obviously the most easy thing would be to do the exactly same. Put in a DVD, chose passthrough to mkv, and click "start".

So the end-mkv would contain the original MPEG2 video stream, then, with no quality loss. and it would be fast to create such a file (conversion takes time).

i know i can create a .vob (interestingly, very slow on dvdfab (around an hour). a matter of about a minute on clonedvd.. something's wrong there, too.. for being just a passthrough).

It would be great if all my movies would in the end be the same file format, namely all would be mkv in that case.

If i get a "yes, download this latest update", I'll run and get my credit card

nice easter everyone

We are rewriting "DVD to Mobile" and "File to Mobile" to use latest engine of "Blu-ray to Mobile" and it should be done soon, but sorry I cannot give any time table.
    DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
    http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Working...
    X