This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluray to Mobile (Ps3) issue

Hi there, Is anyone having issues with the blu-ray to mobile? I am trying to rip to 1080p for the PS3 and the ps3 doesn't see any files there. I have updated the ps3 software. No problems with the DVD to ps3 - just the blu-ray to ps3. Any suggestions? Thanks!

If using an external hdd plugged into a usb port on the PS3 it will have to be formatted as FAT 32 but then you can't store files larger than 4GB without splitting.
    Can you transfer the files to the PS3 internal hdd?

Edit: btw you'll need a media server to do this, Tversity is one I read about that will work.
    Last edited by W&B; 04-03-2010, 03:44 PM. Reason: added info

Comment

Thanks for the help. The PS3 is not recognizing the file - even to copy it to the HD.

Comment

Originally posted by andy View Post
        Thanks for the help. The PS3 is not recognizing the file - even to copy it to the HD.
        Do you mean the PS3 does not see it on the portable hard drive or that it sees the file and reports it as an unrecognised format? If it is the former then you may need to use the triangle button to expose all files because you likely did not create the preferred Video directory that Sony likes.

Comment

Hi Complication. The PS3 recognizes the portable harddrive and other video folders. I have to hit the triangle button to display all and it displays the file but shows it as 0 size files. Any further suggestions would be greatly apprecciated. What is the best format for the PS3 to read? thanks!

Comment

Hi Complication. The PS3 recognizes the portable harddrive and other video folders. I have to hit the triangle button to display all and it displays the file but shows it as 0 size files. Any further suggestions would be greatly apprecciated. What is the best format for the PS3 to read? thanks!
            Is it 0 file size when viewed from the PC?

I'd post information from the "Help Us Help You" sticky thread. Specifically, the output from MediaInfo would be interesting.

Comment

Where is the help us help you thread? How do i get the mediainfo?

Comment

Where is the help us help you thread? How do i get the mediainfo?
                It's a sticky in this subforum and just Google Mediainfo, it's free.

Comment

Working...
                X