This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD to mobile - time and date stamp shows up on entire video

I converted from miniDVD (Video_TS) using DVDFab 6. Does anyone know how to turn off the date / time stamp that shows up on the converted video? The file quality was acceptable but the time / date stamp that appears for the entire video is not acceptable.

Originally posted by shane View Post
    I converted from miniDVD (Video_TS) using DVDFab 6. Does anyone know how to turn off the date / time stamp that shows up on the converted video? The file quality was acceptable but the time / date stamp that appears for the entire video is not acceptable.
    Is it not your miniDVD camcorder that puts the Time/Date stamp on the video that was recorded. DVDFab does not remove that as you have to turn that feature off on the camcorder before you start recording

Comment

Time / Date stamp shows on video conversion

That was my original thought, however, the time / date stamp does not show on the original miniDVD when it is played. The time / date stamp shows up after I have converted using the DVDFab.

Also does not show up on converted file when I used HandBrake.

DVDFab does a much better job than HandBrake, clearer and faster conversions.
      Please Help!!!!

Comment

Maybe the camcorder is creating the timestamp as a subtitle. Make sure subtitle (subpicture) tracks are not checked.

Comment

Originally posted by Complication View Post
          Maybe the camcorder is creating the timestamp as a subtitle. Make sure subtitle (subpicture) tracks are not checked.
          Thanks for the help. I think you have identified the isue. However, I have looked in my manual for my HandyCam DCR-DVD508. It shows the Sub-T to be set "On" by default. It does not give me the ability to turn it off.

The question now becomes" Does DVDFab have a way to turn the Sub-T off for conversion?

Comment

I meant make sure that no subtitle track is selected in DVDFab when doing your conversion.

Comment

never thought of it being a subtitle track good catch

Comment

I meant make sure that no subtitle track is selected in DVDFab when doing your conversion.
                Oh. I see. I misunderstood. I am using 6.0.2.2. Can you direct me to the selection area to de select the subtitle. I am not finding it (it may be right in front of me but I do not see it.)

Comment

DVD to Mobile - Date / time stamp on video issue is solved

Thanks. Problem solved. It is under the "Subpicture" area. If you do not want any subtitles (including time / date stamps) make sure the box under:

"subpicture" is NOT checked and

"display only forced subpictures" is also NOT checked.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
                  X