This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) BD to MKV (remux) will not play on PCH A-110

Movie converts, will play fine for a minute or two then stutters bad, sound and video. Playing from USB drive to PCH. MKV will play on computer using TMT3. Thanks...........Brian

Originally posted by B-Mod View Post
    Movie converts, will play fine for a minute or two then stutters bad, sound and video.
    Please provide MediaInfo for this file
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Movie converts, will play fine for a minute or two then stutters bad, sound and video. Playing from USB drive to PCH. MKV will play on computer using TMT3. Thanks...........Brian
      This is likely an indication that the bitrate is higher than the PCH and/or your network can handle. The Blu-Ray specification has a very high top end bitrate (48K if memory serves). DVDFab is not changing the video stream when using the remux option, it is only repackaging it based on the MKV container specification.

If you are streaming on a network then you might try playing directly from a connected hard drive. You may need to include only a couple of chapters if the portable hard drive you wish to use is FAT32.

Comment

Originally posted by Complication View Post
        This is likely an indication that the bitrate is higher than the PCH and/or your network can handle. The Blu-Ray specification has a very high top end bitrate (48K if memory serves). DVDFab is not changing the video stream when using the remux option, it is only repackaging it based on the MKV container specification.

If you are streaming on a network then you might try playing directly from a connected hard drive. You may need to include only a couple of chapters if the portable hard drive you wish to use is FAT32.
        You are correct, the bitrate goes through the roof. I burned one using MKV.h264.audiocopy and it works, just takes longer. I am not streaming on a network, just a usb drive plugged right into the PCH, but the bitrate must be too high?

What is the difference, if I do blu-ray to blu-ray main movie first, and then, blu-ray to mkv.h264.audiocopy, or just skip and do blu-ray to mkv.h264.audiocopy? Are the file sizes any different? Thanks.....Brian

Comment

You are correct, the bitrate goes through the roof. I burned one using MKV.h264.audiocopy and it works, just takes longer. I am not streaming on a network, just a usb drive plugged right into the PCH, but the bitrate must be too high?
          Make sure you are using a USB 2.0 drive. Copying a MKV remux file to the internal hard drive (if installed) may help.

What is the difference, if I do blu-ray to blu-ray main movie first, and then, blu-ray to mkv.h264.audiocopy, or just skip and do blu-ray to mkv.h264.audiocopy? Are the file sizes any different? Thanks.....Brian
          Blu-Ray to Blu-Ray (Full or Main Movie) at BD50 would be best. There is less likely to be audio sync issues and it saves your BD drive from constant activity during the long compression step. Otherwise there is no difference in the output.

Comment

IMO, best way is to rip Full Disc to HDD - that way it's easier on you BD drive. Than, you can use Main Movie mode with output of your preference, if you wish to have your movie in Blu-ray container. If you wish to have MKV container, you want to use Blu-ray to Mobile mode, MKV option and encode your movie into MKV container. If you want both, there is no need for two decoding processes, just create Blu-ray container (i.e. BD9 1080p) and use MakeMKV to create MKV out of it.
            sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
            For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Working...
            X