This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper DVD to H.264 MKV subtitle query

I have converted a DVD to H.264 MKV using the profile : Generic.mkv.h264.audiocopy.

I selected the right sub-title file along with the main movie and correct audio stream.

The conversion completes without error, however, the subtitles are not contained in the MKV file, moreover, they are outout as 2 seperate files .idx and .sub

If I play the video with VLC I can manually load the .idx file and I then get soft subs that can be turned off and on. I can see why this is happening, the profile I'm using is set to extract subtitles. How can I load the IDX/SUB files into the MKV file as soft subs. I can see I can make them hard by selection the option in DVD Fab but I need them to be soft. The reason I'm using MKV is I thought it was a container that can hold sub-titles.

The version of DVD Fab I'm using is : 7.0.3.0 in Windows 7 64bit.

Thanks in advance.

leejayd,
    quick fix for files you already have. Install MKVmerge (It's free if you don't have it), drop your .mkv into it, add you sub file as additional stream and mux it all together. This way you will have all in same container. You should be able to turn subs on and off in player.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

DVDFab does not currently have the ability to mux subtitles into an MKV. Your options are output to IDX/SUB or direct render in the video. We have no information on when or if this feature would be added. Ipopov50's suggestion would be your best option for selectable subtitles. If you are looking for forced subtitles then I'd allow DVDFab to render them in the video.

Comment

Working...
      X