Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BD to 360 - Are the defaults compressing my movie?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) BD to 360 - Are the defaults compressing my movie?

I am a little confused on why there are multiple output options for the profiles. And also if I select the default settings will my movie be compressed?

Basically I want to convert my BD movies to a format the 360 will play with as little to no compression. The only space savings I want are what I should get my eliminating previews and unwanted audio tracks.

I took a peak in the profiles and I see the audio is set to 128 and the video has a slider bar for bit rate or something. So I assume by default the software is compressing it.

Of course it is.

You will have to research your 360 though and find out what it will happily play and then go from there.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
      Of course it is.

You will have to research your 360 though and find out what it will happily play and then go from there.
      Did'nt DVD fab do this research already in order to sell a product to be used to convert a BD format to one that the 360 plays?

I am in the process of converting a Brothers with all settings on high. 2 pass also. Not sure what it does but I don't want to lose any noticeable quality if I can avoid it.

Comment

Yes, but compressing any DVD/BR will give a quality loss, sometimes not noticeable, but you have to work out what is acceptable to you as this is very subjective and relies on many variables,

It is all dependant upon the player, the target screen size, how far away the screen is viewed from, your expectations, etc, etc, etc....
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

So there isn't a no compression setting then or a setting to do only what is necessary to get the bd format into a 360 format. I imagine if it comes out any better than DVD then it should be acceptable.

Comment

There a variety of formats that will not compress available under DVD to Mobile and BR to Mobile but whether these formats will blay on the XBox 360 is another matter.

That is why I pointed out that you will have to research that yourself and there may be 3rd party software that you can install on the XBox to achieve that but that is neither the bailiwick of Fab nor this forum.

Comment

DVDFab just does the conversion and it up to the user to research what can play and what is an acceptable conversion size for the least amount of quality loss as everyone has different opinions about that as Gregiboy already mentioned above

Comment

Well I have tried about 4 times now and the software just hangs and says 0 time estimated left even though it is not finished. One time it actually generated an error and make me fill out a form only to tell me another error about no email client installed. Who uses local email apps anymore with Gmail, hotmail and Ymail.

I will start a new topic and try to find anyone who has had success converting a movie to a format for the 360.

Comment

Working...
                X