• Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) BD to Mobile->mkv File size reduction

DVDfab 7.0.3.0
    Blu-ray to mobile mkv
    profile mkv.h264.audiocopy
    resolution set to 1280x544
    audio is DTS HD/5.1

I have ripped the BD to hard drive and this worked perfectly.
    Now I want to convert to mkv and I want the file size to be
    between 1.5GB and 2GB. But no matter what I set the file size
    to it comes out 4GB or higher. If I need to knock the resolution down,
    how far should I go to achieve the desired file size?

Originally posted by roman200 View Post
    DVDfab 7.0.3.0
    Blu-ray to mobile mkv
    profile mkv.h264.audiocopy
    resolution set to 1280x544
    audio is DTS HD/5.1

If I need to knock the resolution down,
    how far should I go to achieve the desired file size?
    Dear roman200. I actually surprised that you've got only 4 gig. Do you know that DTS HD weight about 3 gig on its own? In order to fit your movie to 1.5 gig .mkv you should go down to mp3 format in audio and around 1-2 Mbps bitrate in video. Or something like that.
    Last edited by IPopov50; 04-12-2010, 11:40 PM.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
      Dear roman200. I actually surprised that you've got only 4 gig. Do you know that DTS HD weight about 3 gig on its own? In order to fit your movie to 1.5 gig .mkv you should go down to mp3 format in audio and around 1-2 Mbps bitrate in video. Or something like that.
      Thanks IPopov, much appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
        Yes I see what you mean. Also I have to remember that when I rip the blu-ray to hard disk I have to include all the audio track. I only included to audio tracks, DTS-HD and AC-3, and the AC-3 is the director comments....lol. So I either have to get the blu-ray disk again or live with the DTS HD file size.

Comment

Actually, there are few things you can do to get rid of HD. First. You can compress your movie to desire size using DVDFab Main Movie option with "Remove HD Audio" option selected. If you compressed to say BD9, you will have smaller BD (around 8 gig) stripped down on both audio and video. You can than using Blu-ray to Mobile mode compress it even further down to whatever.
          Second, it what I would do, demux (extract streams) your video using HdBrStreamExtractor. You can chose output format (i.e. HD audio you can extract as DTS, AC3 etc.). Video extract as H264. Than, you re-mux your movie back using tsMuxerGUI as Blu-ray. Now you have uncompressed stripped down BD with your movie. Using DVDFab Blu-ray to Mobile mode and desired compression option (suitable for your device) you will make single clean compression. This way you will avoid double compression and save a lot of time.
          Good luck
          sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by roman200 View Post
            ...So I either have to get the blu-ray disk again or live with the DTS HD file size.
            Please read Observance of Copyright Laws in the DVDFab Forums before posting again.

Thread closed.

Comment

Working...
            X