This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper audio lag 7.0.3.0.

Having trouble with most of my burns having a significant time lag on the audio. dvd to mobile option, generic,ipod, avi, and others. have 3 succesful burns after 20 tries! any ideas? Windows 7

Update to the latest official released version DVDFab 7.0.4.0 and try again. If same problem then post reply to this thread with results and info from what is asked below

by
    signals, Gregiboy and Complication

If you are posting about an operational problem with either the DVD to Mobile or File to Mobile option of DVD Fab, you will improve the speed and accuracy of the response by providing some information in the very first post that will be needed to assist you. Please have a look at the informational links in my signature below before reporting a problem as one of these may solve your problem.

Posts with all the requested information will be answered first.

First, make note of any error codes or messages that appear in popup boxes and put them in your post. Information on error codes that appear in the DVDFab UI are captured in one of the logs we request below.

DVDFab keeps logs of its activities that supply basic system information and can help pinpoint where and when an error happened and help pinpoint the cause. The default location for these logs on most Windows systems is:

C:\Documents and Settings\your username\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

The logs are simple text files that can be opened with Windows Notepad. If the size exceeds the forum’s attachment size limit, you may need to delete older entries or copy and paste the relevant ones into a new file.

dvdfab_process.log Attach if DVDFab crashes and the crash report window does not come up or complete correctly or if internal error codes appear in the DVDFab window (“Task Failed…”). Time stamped, most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_internal.log Attach for all problems. Time stamped, most recent at the bottom. Please edit to include only the most recent or relevant log session.

Make sure that you are using good procedures. Recommendations can be found here.

This Information Is Required!!!

The DVDFab version number. We suggest that you make sure that you are least using the latest Official Release which can be found here and recommend that you also try the latest Beta Version which can be found here.

The nature of the problem.
    The EXACT profile you used and any parameters within it that you may have changed.
    If using a custom profile, please attach it to your post.
    Whether this happens with all titles or just one.
    Your operating system/CPU/memory configuration.
    If you have made any recent changes to your OS or system hardware
    If you have other DVD or BD software installed, particularly if recently added.

For File to Mobile, this additional information will speed resolution of the problem:

SOURCE FILE TYPE:
    SOURCE VIDEO TYPE:
    SOURCE VIDEO RESOLUTION:
    SOURCE AUDIO TYPE:
    DVDFab VERSION:
    DVDFab PROFILE:
    OUTPUT RESOLUTION:
    OUTPUT CROP:
    OUTPUT BITRATE:
    OUTPUT PASSES:

Examples:
    SOURCE FILE TYPE: MKV, AVI, VOB, etc
    SOURCE VIDEO TYPE: H264, XVID, DIVX, MPEG
    SOURCE VIDEO RESOLUTION: 1080p, 480i, 720x480, etc.
    SOURCE AUDIO TYPE: AC3, MP3, AAC, etc.
    DVDFab VERSION: 6.2.1.0 Beta
    DVDFab PROFILE: generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy
    OUTPUT RESOLUTION: Same as source
    OUTPUT CROP: Auto
    OUTPUT BITRATE: 1000
    OUTPUT PASSES: 1

You can often use MediaInfo to get details of the source file.

Comment

No error message but I have the same issue here with any version since v7 was released in beta or final, including the latest 7.0.4.0. Information is below. I have tried with a number of profiles but the one I am most familiar with and have used for over a year in the various version of DVDFab is the WMV WMA10 profile. The audio is not synced with the video in any version of DVDFab 7 in Windows 7 32bit Ultimate. Has happened with the 4 movies I tested with. This behavior is not exhibited with version 6.2.2.0 in the same install of Win7.

1) The nature of the problem. - see above
      2) The EXACT profile you used and any parameters within it that you may have changed.
      xBox360.wmv.wma10
      I use 2 pass but tested with 1 pass with no help
      Bit rate is generally 2251 - allows me 1 gb per hour of video
      Channel is generally 5.1 if that track was in the original DVD, which I copy to HD first, otherwise I use the default which is Dolby ProLogic II
      Volume gets a boost to 135%
      EVERYTHING else is left to defaults
      If using a custom profile, please attach it to your post. - NOT custom
      3) Whether this happens with all titles or just one. - happened with the 4 I tested with
      4) Your operating system/CPU/memory configuration. - Win7 32 bit Ultimate, Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700, 3gb memory
      5) If you have made any recent changes to your OS or system hardware - none, ver 6.2.2.0 works fine, ver7 variants, 7.0.4.0, 7.0.3.5, 7.0.3.2 and 7.0.3.0 do not work properly in Win7 32 bit.
      6) If you have other DVD or BD software installed, particularly if recently added. - None added.

This is extremely frustrating. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

One thing to check is the frames per second.

I have noticed that if you do not select "Same as source" in ANY version of Fab, you are more likely to have sync problems which get progressively worse as the title progresses in playback.

Try a chapter or two.

Is the sync out by a fixed amount or does it get progressively worse?
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Is same as source checked as a default? I tried to do this last weekend and got the video and sound off, it went more out of sync as the movie went on. I just upgraded to 7040, and same as source is checked, but not sure if it was in 7030 or beta 7035 which I tried over the weekend with poor results.......Brian

Comment

"Same as source" isn't even an option for the WMV WMA 10 profile.

Comment

Ditto here, major audio/video sync in DVD to mobile using the apple tv option for mp4. I do not see a "Same As Souce" option in the edit Framerate page. There is a deinterlace box that is by defualt unchecked. It seems the it starts out of sync early and the deeper into the movie you go it gets worst. I did Aliens directors cut(Region 1) a 2 hour plus movie and by the end of the movie the audio sync was almost 2 seconds from the video.

Region 1 DVD
              Default Apple TV settings for an MP4 file
              Results in A/V sync issues that get worst as the movie plays on.
              Last edited by Ozzie; 04-18-2010, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X