This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Picture wide and not tall

I backup a copy of one my BD (2012) and the picture is very wide and very thin. It takes up about a 1/4 of the screen. Is this normal? Is anyone else experiencing this?

This is probably normal, every Bluray I've seen so far is setup for the widescreen hi-def tv's.
    What bugs me is you pay big bucks for the hi def screens and some idiotic studios won't take advantage it

Edit: make sure you select 704 x *** for NTFS format or 720 X *** for PAL. That's usually the original aspect ratio.
    Last edited by W&B; 04-17-2010, 04:27 PM. Reason: added info

Comment

Originally posted by W&B View Post
      Edit: make sure you select 704 x *** for NTFS format or 720 X *** for PAL. That's usually the original aspect ratio.
      That would be for DVD only. Blu-Ray at 1080p is much larger.

Comment

Thanks Complication, I stand corrected. I'm so used to doing DVD's......

Comment

I understand what yall are saying but I think the size I'm gettting is usually small. Just wanted to check and see if anyone else out there is getting the same result on this film. I have back up a lot of my movies but this one is strange.

Comment

I think you guys are talking about aspect ratio's, and 2.35 to 1 has been used for a long time, way before the 1.78 to 1 HDTV was even made! Too bad they did not decide to make a TV that matches the standard 2.35 to 1 theater movie we are used to is what I say.

Comment

Originally posted by LankyHank888 View Post
              I backup a copy of one my BD (2012) and the picture is very wide and very thin. It takes up about a 1/4 of the screen. Is this normal? Is anyone else experiencing this?
              check you BD player settings as it might be set to the wrong screen size and can affect the playback picture on the TV

Comment

Working...
              X