Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does MP4 still suck after all this time?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Why does MP4 still suck after all this time?

I'm really trying to understand by converting BD to Mobile using the "to MP4" profile.

Reading this forum I can see I'm not the only one who sees the constant stuttering of the video using this profile.

Would it be helpful if I took my camcorder and photographed the screen to display this absolutely UNWATCHABLE conversion? It's been this way since the very first beta release of Blu-Ray to Mobile.

All I want to do, for crying out loud, is convert a BD so I can watch the darn thing on my ipad. Why is this so hard?

I agree this still seems to be a major issue with any of the BluRay to MP4 (h264) conversions. Certainly I have never managed to do the ones that convert to h264/aac without the juddering/stuttering. This applies to the MP4/Xbox/PS3 options.

I await the next beta and hope..
    Windows 7 x64, 4GB RAM, Intel i7-860, ATI HD 4550 Drivers Catalyst 11.3

Comment

hi,

I will try to fix this problem in high priority.

thanks for the report

Comment

Originally posted by ting View Post
        hi,

thanks for the report
        Thank you very much! Also, can you please make a profile that will make an ipad compatible mobile conversion? thanks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ting View Post
          hi,

thanks for the report
          It will be great when you get this fixed! Thanks.
          Windows 7 x64, 4GB RAM, Intel i7-860, ATI HD 4550 Drivers Catalyst 11.3

Comment

Can you give a couple of examples? Name the movies. I have backup about 10 BD out of my library and have had zero problems with the MP4PS3HD option. All of the movies look great. If anything is wrong with them it is the sound, its hard to hear all of the words when people are speaking!

Comment

One Example would be Resident Evil (the first Movie) - i also got this problem with a lower Resolution. (896x480) Stuttered badly there.

Comment

Working...
              X