This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper No IDX file

using licensed ver. 7.4 DVD to Mobile VOB, with 7.3 and earlier the vob was created along with a .idx file, that is not happening now - yes the create file option is selected. I am getting a single vob but thats all - no .idx, so I'm asking if anyone else is having this problem. No other issues. thanks in advance.

DVDFab 7.0.4.0 (2010/04/18 14:28:04)

0m 00.48s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
    0m 10.25s: detected dvd
    0m 10.28s: drive E
    0m 10.28s: video dvd 1
    0m 10.28s: volume label HARRY_POTTER_5_ORDER_PHOENIX
    0m 10.37s: detected dvd
    0m 10.40s: drive E
    0m 10.40s: video dvd 1
    0m 10.40s: volume label HARRY_POTTER_5_ORDER_PHOENIX
    0m 10.57s: got copyright 1 fe
    0m 11.03s: got udf/iso
    0m 11.45s: got discinfo
    0m 29.34s: got dvdinfo

2010-04-18 14:46:01 ---- ******************** Log session stop 18-Apr 14:46:01.478 PID 4112********************
    2010-04-18 14:28:08 Info Current Drive selected : 0:2:0 - TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-H653Z 4403 [E] (Ide)
    2010-04-18 14:28:08 Info Using Advanced SPTI interface
    2010-04-18 14:28:08 Info System default language : English (United States)
    2010-04-18 14:28:08 Info User default language : English (United States)
    2010-04-18 14:28:08 Info DLL Version : 4.0.7.466
    2010-04-18 14:28:08 Info DLL : C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 7\vso_hwe.dll
    2010-04-18 14:28:08 Info Version : 7, 0, 4, 0
    2010-04-18 14:28:08 Info ExeName : C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 7\DVDFab.exe
    2010-04-18 14:28:08 Info OS : Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (Build 7600)
    2010-04-18 14:28:08 ---- ******************** Log session start 18-Apr 14:28:08.526 PID 4112********************

You have me confused here.

It would not just be an IDX file created but both SUB & IDX files which contain the subtitles.

As the subtitles are already contained within the VOB files, why would you need an IDX file?

I have never seen sub/idx files created with VOB Passthrough.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

you are correct in that both the sub and idx files were created, and they are not being created now. I am using meta browser on my WHS setup, when I backup 3 files were created;

1) .vob
      2) .idx
      3) .sub

I have a batch created that moves the vob into a folder and renames the .vob to a mpg, and also copies the other files into the same folder. the meta browser software picks up the new addition and gets the meta information so it displays in Windows Media Center - quite handy.

Comment

I still do not understand why you need the SUB/IDX subtitles files.

The subtitles are contained within the VOB, and if they were ever created, I would regard that as a bug.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

these are not subtitle files but the files that contain the file information, thier creation is not a bug, if you look in the program you have settings that allow the files to be created, I am asking if anyone else could duplicate the issue of them not being created, I thank you for your help but please know the software and the issue I am having.

Comment

I have been using this program for over 6 years and I think you are getting confused.

You must be talking about the IFO & BUP files that are part of the DVD structure?

If you think you know the program, then start describing your problem accurately !!!

Comment

What is the exact settings you are using for the VOB passthrough with this Harry Potter movie as I have it and can give it a try to see what happens but the sub/idx files should not be getting created as they was not created in DVDFab 6 when I last did the VOB Passthrough

Comment

without getting to far off topic, under DVD to Mobile choose the profile VOB,
                as long as the title is selected you can choose edit profile, and under subpicture you have the extract to idx/sub file option.

I also have used this software for a number of years which is why I am asking in this forum. Have you tried the DVD to Mobile option? in order to see what i'm talking about?

This forum should be about helping one another not questioning my usage of the software, I know what I have been doing with the software and the consistant results I have had. I do not think my explantion or verbage was not eloquent enough.

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
                  What is the exact settings you are using for the VOB passthrough with this Harry Potter movie as I have it and can give it a try to see what happens but the sub/idx files should not be getting created as they was not created in DVDFab 6 when I last did the VOB Passthrough
                  Originally posted by dad812 View Post
                  without getting to far off topic, under DVD to Mobile choose the profile VOB,
                  as long as the title is selected you can choose edit profile, and under subpicture you have the extract to idx/sub file option.

I also have used this software for a number of years which is why I am asking in this forum. Have you tried the DVD to Mobile option? in order to see what i'm talking about?

This forum should be about helping one another not questioning my usage of the software, I know what I have been doing with the software and the consistant results I have had. I do not think my explantion or verbage was not eloquent enough.
                  I assume you missed post #7 well I quoted it above as well. need the settings so I could give it a try as the last time I did the VOB passthrough I did not get those files

Comment

This is were we are all getting confused and I quote...

"these are not subtitle files but the files that contain the file information"

This is totally incorrect. The only information these files contain is subtitle information.

Also, the subtitle information is contained internally within the VOB's so I could not see why you want both.

Comment

the VOB passthrough settings are set at default;
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	303105

if any additional info is required let me know, Thanks

Comment

Actually default is No Split and you have 1GB per file selected. Also is the conversion straight from DVD or from a movie only folder on your hard drive?

Comment

I just tested it on one chapter and the VOB, SUB & IDX files were created in Version 7.0.2.7.

I still would like to know why have the external sub file created when the subs are contained within the VOB?

Comment

It has to be something new in DVDFab 7 as DVDFab 6 did not have that. Maybe it a bug as they are not needed unless you plan to edit the subtitles and should be the direct render to video selected for that but do not have that option for the VOB passthrough

Comment

ok I am asking the forum for help and will provide any information in order to resolve or enlighten my knowlege, the statement I made was based on me opening up those files with notepad, I know these files have been created for me for a dozen or so backups and then I upgraded to 7.4, thats the last change I know of. If you are saying these files should not have been being created then I need to find out how to get them back...

Comment

Working...
                              X