X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper VOB passthrough no split

DVDFab 7.4, Win 7 pro.

I am trying to do VOB's without a split and after the disk is read and I go into edit the dropdown box shows split- 1Gb or 2Gb, does the profile determine if a split occures? if so I have read all the information under profiles(readme) and cannot find the verb/setting that is responsible for splitting. I have no problem editing a copy of the vob passthrough profile to suite my needs, my question is where is the information verbs, syntax etc. for proper usage? when done I will post the profile for others. thanks

Are you saying that it is defaulting to split or that there isn't a "no split" option?

Also, is your destination a portable USB drive by chance?

Comment

that is correct, I have no choice for creating 1 vob

Comment

destination is a drive on a WHS box

Comment

DVDFab may be incorrectly detecting the destination as limited in file size. Try ripping to the local hard drive first and then move the file over to the WHS as a test.

A friend of mine has a WHS box and uses VOB but I'm unsure if he is ripping directly or not. I know that he does, however, have to rename all the files to have a MPG extension for the WHS to recognize them. I'm not sure if he is missing something.

Comment

that may be, I will move the destination to a local drive and post results - that indicates a fix at some time. All my .vob's gets renamed to .mpg via a batch file so my Windows Media Center/PS3 can use the 1 file located in 1 location. This behavior was not present in DVDFab 7.3, which is why i'm posting.

Comment

the results are when ripped to a local drive it rips to 1 vob file that shows up in win media center with no movie info and shows a movie length of 33:45, on the ps3 side it does not show up at all(normal). when I change the .vob ext to a .mpg the movie shows up in both players as expected but again no movie info in Win media center. the previous version(7.3) gave me a .idx & .sub files that were used by another piece of software to get the movie information and display it in win media center. so I guess the only issue right now is how do I get those files back(.idx & .sub) when I create a .vob

DVDFab fix
              when a .vob passthrough is created on a network drive not to split or give users an option.

Comment

Originally posted by dad812 View Post
                the results are when ripped to a local drive it rips to 1 vob file that shows up in win media center with no movie info and shows a movie length of 33:45, on the ps3 side it does not show up at all(normal). when I change the .vob ext to a .mpg the movie shows up in both players as expected but again no movie info in Win media center. the previous version(7.3) gave me a .idx & .sub files that were used by another piece of software to get the movie information and display it in win media center. so I guess the only issue right now is how do I get those files back(.idx & .sub) when I create a .vob
                The VOB movie length problem is from the original video source. DVD authors often don't take the time to rewrite the time code information after they finish editing since DVD players ignore it.

The file doesn't show up on the PS3 until the WHS recognizes it as a movie file and then adds it to DNLA. Obviously this occurs once you rename it.

IDX/SUB should be auto-exported as long as you selected a subtitle track (a.k.a. subpicture) in DVDFab. I've never heard of these being used to lookup movie info but I guess it is possible.

DVDFab fix
                when a .vob passthrough is created on a network drive not to split or give users an option.
                I don't think this is all network locations as I've seen no other reports and my own VOB Passthrough to a network drive works just fine. You may want to detail how the destination is linked. I have a mapped drive letter. I know DVDFab does not always like UNC paths.

Comment

Good to know about the movie length, I was using a unc path, I now have the drive mapped and am running a test, could you clarify about selecting "subtitle track (a.k.a. subpicture) in DVDFab" is this a setting?

Comment

the mapping of a drive seemed to have worked for the one issue.

Comment

...could you clarify about selecting "subtitle track (a.k.a. subpicture) in DVDFab" is this a setting?
                      I'm not sure what you are asking here. Make sure you have three items selected before continuing, a video track on the left, an audio track on the upper right, and a subtitle track on the bottom right. Not all DVDs have subtitles so you may not have the bottom right option.

Comment

I understand, it seems that I have been mis informed about the idx/sub files and am looking for a better solution to get movie information into Windows Media Center, I know that is off topic and will thank you for your help in clearing up a couple items.

Comment

I can remember a product called YAMMM being able to do this but I regarded it as all too difficult.
                          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
                          X