This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper A/V Sync issues 7.0.4.0 Zune.wmv profile

I'm at my wits end trying to figure this out. I really feel this is a glitch with this newest release.

Last night, I upgraded to 7040 and all three movies I converted had major a/v sync issues. All of my settings are as I've been using them for over a year on previous versions. The only change I've made recently is an upgrade to Windows 7 (64bit). Maybe there are some settings on the new version or because of Windows 7 I've overlooked.

Movies were:
    Bad Lieutenant
    Bucket List
    Beyond a reasonable doubt

All ripped fine and backup copies are perfect verified by playing the DVD in both my PC and PS3.

I always rip to my HDD, a 1TB internal drive on my PC. There are no accounts on the PC. I am the administrator I use a 2 pass conversion, fixed bit rate of 850. I have the remove layer break box checked in the options menu. I've had excellent results with these settings until last night. I've converted roughly 200 movies with these settings. Another issue is that last night's conversions all appear "blocky" when fast forwarding. Large square blocks and discoloration appear for about a second or so after releasing the fast forward button. This happens using VLC, WMP, or WMC. All players have a/v sync issues. It's definitely the file. None of my previous conversions are this way.

My PC has an AMD Phenom II X4 925 processor running @ 2.8 GHZ. 8GB of RAM. My video card is an ATI Radeon HD4650.

As a final test, I ripped all three movies on my son's PC using Fab version 6.2.1.8 and converted them using the same settings. Perfect! No blockiness and a/v in perfect sync, even after I put them onto my PC using a flash drive. His PC is a Pentium 4 with 3.0 GHZ with a NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS with 1 GB of RAM.

Here is the media info from one of the file I converted on my PC

General
    Complete name : C:\Doug's DVD Tests\Beyond_Reasonable_Doubt.wmv
    Format : Windows Media
    File size : 728 MiB
    Duration : 1h 45mn
    Overall bit rate mode : Constant
    Overall bit rate : 965 Kbps
    Maximum Overall bit rate : 989 Kbps
    Encoded date : UTC 2010-04-20 23:58:32.746

Video
    ID : 1
    Format : VC-1
    Format profile : MP@ML
    Codec ID : WMV3
    Codec ID/Info : Windows Media Video 9
    Codec ID/Hint : WMV3
    Description of the codec : Windows Media Video 9
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 850 Kbps
    Width : 640 pixels
    Height : 348 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate : 23.976 fps
    Resolution : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.159
    Stream size : 641 MiB (88%)
    Language : English (US)

Audio
    ID : 2
    Format : WMA
    Format version : Version 2
    Codec ID : 161
    Codec ID/Info : Windows Media Audio
    Description of the codec : Windows Media Audio 9.2 - 128 kbps, 48 kHz, stereo (A/V) 1-pass CBR
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 128 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Resolution : 16 bits
    Stream size : 96.6 MiB (13%)
    Language : English (US)

sanger,
    did you made these conversions with or without GPU acceleration? What are your A/V Codec settings.
    Did you install 7040 "as Administrator" or not? I see you mentioned Administrator's rights.... this is very important to install "as Administrator"
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

I did uninstall and reinstall today making sure to install as admin. I tried re-converting Beyond Reasonable Doubt with no success.

How do I check acceleration and codec settings? Sorry...I' may not be the brightest computer guy...but if you can tell me how to do stuff I'll be more than happy to tell you anything you want to know to help me figure this out.

Thanks for your help!

Comment

no sweat sanger,
        Open Fab7, in top right corner you will see green circle with check mark (this is settings) click on it. You will have another window open. On a left-hand side you will see menu. Under General heading find A/V Codec and click on it. You will see settings and Codec information. Copy it and post here.
        sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Thanks IPopov50!

Graphics Chipset :
          ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series

Supported Video Codecs :
          DXVA_MODE_H264
          DXVA_MODE_VC1

CoreAVC : cannot be detected.

EDIT: Here's a screen shot

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	303110
          Last edited by sanger; 04-22-2010, 04:04 AM.

Comment

Well, looks good so far. Are these settings were in effect when you tried your unfortunate conversions? If yes, set in Video Decoder both H.264 and VC1 to software and try again.
            sigpic

Comment

Yes, these were the settings I used. I've never changed them before.

I just changed them to "software" per your suggestions and converted one of the trailers (4-1/2 minutes) with no success. Still blocky and a/v out of sync with all player software.

Comment

You are killing me man. Well, let me sleep on it. Let's re-visit your issue tomorrow.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sanger View Post
                  I'm at my wits end trying to figure this out. I really feel this is a glitch with this newest release....
                  There is and I have the same problem with this profile as well as the xBox profiles, both WMA9 and WMA10. I have tried other profiles and formats with similar av out of sync issues. Went back and used 6.2.2.0 with the same profiles and they were perfect. I rip to HD first then FtoM xBox. I have tried this now with 4 different movies all with the same results. A/V sync issues in any version of DVDFab 7, no issues in DVDFab 6.2.2.0. Following all the best practices. Clearly and issue with version 7. My understanding is that the developers are aware and working against it. Many posts here and other forums about the problem. Waiting patiently for a solution.

Comment

I just downloaded 6218 on my (this) pc. The same one I've had issues with converting files using 7040 as described above. I converted the same file I ripped with 7040 that I had stored on my pc with 6218 version in zune.wmv profile, Settings per above. Converted wmv file is perfect. I only converted the 4-1/2 minute trailer. I'll convert the beyond a reasonable doubt movie and report back tomorrow AM with results.

While I was verifying settings I did stumble across what may be an issue. There is no GPU acceleration on the user interface of 7040, only visible codecs. as above See my screen shot above. No GPU acceleration tab on the menu, but has a codec tab. Now look below on 6218. It has a gpu accelartion tab, but does not for codecs.

Is that by design? Dunno...

Last edited by sanger; 04-23-2010, 03:47 AM.

Comment

Yep. Conversion of file to mobile with 6218 with rip file created with 7040 is perfect. No blockiness and a/y sync is perfect through everythihng I preview, all the way to the end.

Derfinitely something in the software of dvd to mobile portion of 7040 IMO is amiss IMO.

Comment

Working...
                      X