This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Video and Audio not in synch

Using the latest version ( Fab 7) trying to rip SG1 and its 4-5 episodes to my hard drive to transfer to mobil. The video lags behind the audio by a second or two. Any help will be appreciated.

Originally posted by robertjohn527 View Post
    Any help will be appreciated.
    robertjohn527,
    any information will be appreciated. What option are you using, what settings. Are you working with source on your HDD or straight from disc? Your source in which format, etc. etc. More info you're providing, better chance you'll get sensible advise.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Video and Audio not in synch

Settings are default. I didn't change anything and didin't start having this problem until recently. I load the converted AVI file to my Archos 7 to enhance portability. Straight from the DVD. I can get more info at home. Thanks.

Comment

At this point, until u can give us more info, I would definitely suggest to firs rip DVD to HDD and use it as source.
        sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

FYI: I have ripped and encoded the entire 10 SG-1 seasons without a problem.

Need more detail as IPopov stated.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

What option are you using? DVD to Mobile
            Your source in which format? What do you mean by that?
            I would definitely suggest to firs rip DVD to HDD and use it as source.
            Do you mean first rip (DVD to DVD) using a file on my computer as the Target? Then, from that file to my Mobile? Thanks, again.

Comment

Yes I am using DVD to Mobile.

Regarding ripping to HDD, etc. Have a read of my "Best Practice: DVD to Mobile" thread. Link is in my signature below.
              Last edited by GregiBoy; 04-22-2010, 11:17 PM.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

******************* Log session stop 19-Apr 20:19:01.656 PID 4012********************
                2010-04-19 20:18:29 Info Current Drive selected : 1:0:0 - HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4084N KQ09 [E] (Ide)
                2010-04-19 20:18:29 Info Using Advanced SPTI interface
                2010-04-19 20:18:29 Info System default language : English (United States)
                2010-04-19 20:18:29 Info User default language : English (United States)
                2010-04-19 20:18:29 Info DLL Version : 4.0.7.466
                2010-04-19 20:18:29 Info DLL : C:\Program Files\DVDFab 7\vso_hwe.dll
                2010-04-19 20:18:29 Info Version : 7, 0, 4, 0
                2010-04-19 20:18:29 Info ExeName : C:\Program Files\DVDFab 7\DVDFab.exe
                2010-04-19 20:18:29 Info OS : Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Build 2600: Service Pack 3)

I hope this helps. Robert
                2010-04-19 20:18:29 ---- **

Comment

Doesn't do a thing.....

Comment

Tried your Best Practice ... same results. I forgot to mention, I tried DVD to Mobile with a movie I have and no problem. Only seems to happen with SG1. I have boosted the volume up to 201% so when I watch with small speakers, I can hear it. That shouldn't be the cause, though. When I try your method (DVD to Mobile) the video TS file plays in the preview window and the audio and video are in perfect synch. I will try to convert to AVI for my Archos again.

Comment

What profile are you using? And what settings?

Comment

I've tried every suggestion. NO Avail. Mailed back the disc. Has anyone ever figured out a solution? KInda hard to fathom with all you bright guys that you can't figure this out. Are there that many variables that might cause something like this because I see it's a frequent problem.

Comment

Originally posted by robertjohn527 View Post
                          Mailed back the disc.
                          Observance of Copyright Laws in the DVDFab Forums

Thread closed.

Comment

Working...
                          X