X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Subtitle Alignment problems

Good evening,

I'm trying to figure out how to get proper vertical alignment of subtitles when I rip my DVDs to either XVID or DIVX format.

I've ripped my entire movie collection to play to my PS3 from a DLNA media server. Unfortunately, I have found that I always wind up with the subtitles offset too high on the PS3 screen.

I've used the following process to rip:
    1) rip using DVDFab DVD to Mobile option with the following settings:
    -> use generic dvd to movile profile, selecting divx audio copy output format.
    -> select all subtitle tracks for the rip
    2) I take the output (.avi, .idx, .sub) and use AddAviXSubs to mux the files into a single .divx file.

Regardless of what vertical position I specify in AddAviXSubs, on the idx/sub tab, the vertical position is always at the same vertical position on the PS3 screen, and its too high. Subtitles are almost dead center vertically. The AddAVIXSub utility apparently does not reposition idx/sub files, despite the configuration parameters.

So, I'm wondering if there is any way to correctly position idx/sub formatted subtitles on movies ripped with DvdFab when the black bars have been cropped off the top and bottom of the movie file. Is this possible? Is there any way to tell DVDFab to correct the vertical positions in the subtitle output files so the will correctly line up on screen?

Best Regards,

-paradox606
Working...
X