This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) End file size incorrect

I have just done a couple of encodings - Blu Ray to Mobile encoding to the MKV format.

The first time I specified the fixed bitrate of the end encoding (2500) the end file was just over 5GB in size. However, in the original setup it was saying at that bitrate the size should just be over 3GB.

SO

I then tried a second encoding. This time I specified fixed size and enterred the end file to be 3GB. However, after the encoding finished the file was again just over 5GB in size.

Why? Why is the BD to Mobile option not creating files the size I would like? Are there some limitations that I am not aware of?

Many thanks. eon

Which version of DVDFab have you used?
    人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
    Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

Which audio track are you selecting?
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by eon_designs View Post

Why? Why is the BD to Mobile option not creating files the size I would like? Are there some limitations that I am not aware of?

Many thanks. eon
        Because size calculated for video track without audio. You have to factor that in on your own. After all, who knows what audio format and how many audio tracks you will chose. Based on roughly 2 gig of gained audio, you were selected DTS. If you want to keep this bitrate but smaller size of final movie, you should let it fly on a settings you described, and when it done demux this audio, encode it into AC3 (it will be 500-600 Mb on 640 Kbps or less if you go as low as 128 Kbps stereo - it will be arownd 100 Mb). And then, mux it back in.
        sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Apologies - forgot to take into count the audio.

I had left the audio as a pass through. In this case it contained a DTS soundtrack that was 2.5GB in size.

Out of interest is there any way of compressing the audio and keeping it as DTS?

Thanks. (oh using the latest version of DVDFab)

Comment

Originally posted by eon_designs View Post

Out of interest is there any way of compressing the audio and keeping it as DTS?
            No. But you can use variety of bitrates in Dolby format (AC-3) I believe there 4-5 different options from 640 Kbps down. I use freeware program XviD4PSP 5.0 for little manipulations like that. Awesome program for that. Another set of programs you would need is MKVToolnix (MKVmerge and MKVextract particularly). After you done with your conversion with DVDFab, extract audio track, load it up into XviD4PSP, convert into desired format with desired bitrate, and remux new audio track and video back using MKVmerge. It's really not that complicated as it sounds.
            sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
            For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Working...
            X