MP4+AAC 5.1 Sound - Corrupt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper MP4+AAC 5.1 Sound - Corrupt

I think I have found a major bug in Fab's MP4/AAC encoding.

After buying a new 5.1 sound system I converted a number of DVD's to MP4+AAC+5.1 Surround Sound to stream from PS3.
    I noticed that the centre channel was not playing and all the speech (assume was the centre channel) was coming out of the right speaker.

I played around with all the PS3 and AV Amp settings to no avail.

Doing a test from the same DVD using anotgher MP4+AAC encoder the audio was fine.

I can only assume Fab is causing the problem, anyone else having/seen this problem?

Make sure you are using the latest version of DVDFab. This problem has popped up and been fixed a couple of times.

Comment

I'm using the latest 7.0.4.0

Comment

7.0.4.5b is the latest. However, it probably does not have a fix.

Your best bet would be to use something with the audiocopy option under Generic rather than PS3. When compressing, I usually use MKV.H264.audiocopy and then use a free program called mkv2vob to remux the file into a format the PS3 will play correctly (google it).

Comment

Any news when this will be fixed, problem still exists in the latest beta?

Comment

I'm also seeing this problem, on ALL the dvds I'm ripping. I'm using the 7.0.6.2 version on a trial basis and if this can't be resolved I'm not going to purchase the software. I don't consider having to rip to MKV and then use a third party program to convert it a reasonable solution.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty68 View Post
              I think I have found a major bug in Fab's MP4/AAC encoding.

After buying a new 5.1 sound system I converted a number of DVD's to MP4+AAC+5.1 Surround Sound to stream from PS3.
              I noticed that the centre channel was not playing and all the speech (assume was the centre channel) was coming out of the right speaker.

I played around with all the PS3 and AV Amp settings to no avail.

Doing a test from the same DVD using anotgher MP4+AAC encoder the audio was fine.

I can only assume Fab is causing the problem, anyone else having/seen this problem?
              I posted about this as well: http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=4694

Have you noticed that left surround channel is completely silent?

I PM'd ting (developer) about it April 22nd and this was the response:

"thanks for report this problem, I have got this message, I will check this after I finish current working.

if the problem is fixed or other problem I will pm to you."

I wait patiently.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHead View Post
                Have you noticed that left surround channel is completely silent?
                Its hard for me to tell, because I'm using headphones that do post processing of Dolby audio, so the rear left channel is still populating the left speaker at least. Its really obvious that center audio has a right side bias though.

Comment

I can not help but feel very very disapointed that this has still not been fixed!

All the development seems to centre around Blu-Ray but surely us poor DVD owners who purchased "DVDFab" should get a look in!

It's a fundemental bug not a nice to have, I can only use another product now and cannot recommend anyone to purchase Fab anymore till this is fixed!

Comment

Just tried 7.0.6.5. Still broken. This has apparently been an issue for quite a while. Are the developers even looking into this? Its costing you customers.

Comment

I just upgraded to 7.0.7.0 and I am experiencing the same problem. I am trying to convert a DVD (The Book of Eli) to H264/AAC (Dolby Digital 5.1 english audio track to AAC 5.1) and the various audio channels seem to be getting swapped around. I would like to purchase the DVD to Mobile option but I am reluctant to spend more money until this is fixed.

Comment

Dear all,

We will check this issue asap.

Best Regards,
                        Fengtao
                        DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
                        http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Same issue v7.0.7.0 MP4 audio rips with stereo sound regardless of settings.

Note also MKV and other DVD to Mobile profiles ripped to stereo.

Comment

The problem of the centre channel in 5.1 (DVD to mobile h264/aac) appearing to move to the front right has been around for a long long time.

Most/all releases after 6.0.1.0 have the issue.

I have rather given up waiting for a fix on this.

I would check my posts on this issue but they seem to have gone from the forum - too old I guess.

I just use Stereo now.
                            Windows 7 x64, 4GB RAM, Intel i7-860, ATI HD 4550 Drivers Catalyst 11.3

Comment

Rip to MP4 and PS3, yes, the centre channel in 5.1 is wrong, but rip to AVI and MKV without any problem. And wait the perfect version patiently please: )

Comment

Working...
                              X