X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheGoof
    replied
    I am also experiencing this problem. I just tried to format Wall*e for my iTouch, and by the end of the movie there is a noticable 2-3 second gap.

However, I convert disk 1 of Sliders with no problem.

I add my voice to those that are hopeful that a fix will be coming, sooner rather then later.

Leave a comment:

• AzDragonLord
    replied
    Originally posted by MRL_DVDFab View Post
    Frankly I do not understand why it would take much time. It worked properly up and till version 7.x was released.
    Not entirely true. I didn't notice the sync issue until version 7, but after reviewing every movie I converted using dvd-to-mobile, the sync issue began way back in February when I first started the conversions...long before version 7 was released. It only affected a small fraction of my movies however.

Leave a comment:

• MRL_DVDFab
    replied
    Frankly I do not understand why it would take much time. It worked properly up and till version 7.x was released. Ver 6 and less worked fine for DVD to Mobile. It wasn't till ver 7 was released did this become a problem. It appears all development effort is related to BR and not much else. As a long time customer and non-blue ray user I am extremely frustrated with the situation. It needs to get fixed and soon. I have since found other methods to properly get audio and video sync resolved outside of Fab but Fab was NOT cheap and should be properly supported. We have been discussing this for far TOO long with little progress or communication.

Leave a comment:

• drmit
    replied
    Originally posted by Realnoize View Post
    I'm not asking for a fix right here right now. I just want to know if someone is actually trying to solve the issue, and if we can hope to eventually get a working version.
    From what I've read, one of the developers ('Ting') is working on the problem, and has been for a few weeks now. I'd imagine an issue like this would take a while to iron out, especially when it seems as if the problem is related in some ways to where the source material was released (US, Australia, Europe, etc) as frame rates change by region within the same title. The developer probably has to source material from several different parts of the world to test the code changes.

I am getting ready to back-up my entire DVD collection to mkv files, and I read through this whole thread (after searching: frame rates)to get an idea of how the frame rate I select will effect the output files or if there is an ideal.

Thanks to everyone out there who spent frustrating hours on the problem and contributed to this thread! I live in Australia but I have a complete Stargate SG-1 series box set from the US, so now I know to scrutinise the audio sync with each episode/season I convert to mkv files!

Glad to hear someone is working hard on this issue, and look forward to receiving the fix when it's complete!

Leave a comment:

• Realnoize
    replied
    Originally posted by sirkaiserwilliam View Post
    Is there any new info on this issue?
    Yeah, is there any? It would be nice to know if someone is actually working on adressing this issue. Or if we should already start looking for another software solution to replace the one we actually already bought but doesn't work properly.

I know I may sound harsh, but it's not like this software is a freeware developped by some guy in his spare time (in which case I wouldn't have the right to complain).

I'm not asking for a fix right here right now. I just want to know if someone is actually trying to solve the issue, and if we can hope to eventually get a working version.

The DVD to DVD portion of the software works marvels, I'm very satisfied with it, works flawlessly. But I also wanted the ability to convert my movies into a file format easily streamable on my home network for my various devices (game consoles, portable media players, wi-fi phones, etc...). And sadly, that part of the software is seriously broken.

Leave a comment:

• sirkaiserwilliam
    replied
    Is there any new info on this issue?

Leave a comment:

• Justin
    replied
    Are they currently rewriting the dvdfab mobile engine so that the audio and video is in sync as this is becoming a real problem. How much longer will we have to wait till it is fixed.

Leave a comment:

• midiwall
    replied
    Originally posted by thegreatnorth View Post
    Just tried various Stargate SG1 Season 7 videos in 6.2.1.8. All out-of-sync the same as with videos tried with 7.x.x.x
    TGN, you have a private message...

Leave a comment:

• thegreatnorth
    replied
    Just tried various Stargate SG1 Season 7 videos in 6.2.1.8. All out-of-sync the same as with videos tried with 7.x.x.x

Leave a comment:

• GregiBoy
    replied
    No you can have different major versions installed eg: V3, V4, V5, V6, V7.

I normally have it like this so I can always go back and check with a previous version.

Only minor versions install over the current installation.

Leave a comment:

• thegreatnorth
    replied
    No I haven't yet.

Do I need to fully uninstall everything of 7 to install version 6 again?

Leave a comment:

• GregiBoy
    replied
    @thegreatnorth.

Have you tried Season 7 with Version 6.2.1.8?

Leave a comment:

• thegreatnorth
    replied
    I ripped the first movie from Season 1 Disc 1 and Season 7 Disc 1 and used MediaInfo on the folders to compare. Season 7 Disc 1 Movie 1 is 16:9 and there is added info about "muxing" at the end.

Why is there muxing in one video and not the other?
    Included is the outputs from MediaInfo for both folders.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• midiwall
    replied
    Originally posted by thegreatnorth View Post
    Tried again on Season 7 Disc 1 and no matter what settings I try the audio will not sync.
    Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
    I just checked my encodes of SG-1 Season 7 that I did with Fab 6.2.1.8, generic.xvid.avi.audiocopy and all is fine. But don't forget my source was 25fps and encode was 25fps.
    This so has to be a math error in the encoder for fractional frame rates. I hope Ting can find it!

Leave a comment:

• GregiBoy
    replied
    I just checked my encodes of SG-1 Season 7 that I did with Fab 6.2.1.8, generic.xvid.avi.audiocopy and all is fine.

But don't forget my source was 25fps and encode was 25fps.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X