This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you transcode with only VOB files

I ripped a "main movie" with DVD Decryptor and was left with 4 vob files and 1 IFO file.

I want to transcode this collection into one AVI file but find that DVDFAB won't accept it.

Is there a way to make DVDFAB transcode this group of VOB files into one AVI?

Use DVD to Mobile and select the movie name folder (parent of VIDEO_TS).

Comment

That is exactly what I am doing. This works perfectly in instances where there is more than just VOB and IFO files. It doesn't even accept the folder in this instance. It isn't unique to this Video_TS folder. It always fails to accept the files within the Video_TS folder when it is only only populated VOBs and IFO.

Comment

Where are you getting the VIDEO_TS directory from? If there is something that is not supposed to be on a DVD then DVDFab may reject it.

Comment

I ripped a number of commercial Hollywood movie DVDs using DVD Decryptor. Some times I would RIP the entire DVD and other times only the Main Movie.

I never have a problem using DVDFAB to transcode from a VIDEO_TS folder on my local hard drive if it is a complete rip but always fail if the VIDEO_TS folder only has the Main Movie VOB Files and a single IFO file.

That is the situation I am now describing, a DVD Folder with two sub folders Audio_TS and Video_TS. The VIDEO_TS folder only has 4 Main Movie VOB files and a single IFO file.

Comment

I have not heard of this problem before. What DVDFab version are you using? Maybe you should try re-ripping with DVDFab instead of Decryptor.

Comment

Version 7.0.3.0 But this issue isn't unique to this version it's true for others as well.

There won't be any problem going forward with any new rips as I understand what I need to do to have the VIDEO_TS folder complete it is for the existing rips that I'm looking for a DVDFab solution.

I can transcode the vob files using other applications such a Mediacoder and Super. However, I prefer to use DVDFAB if at all possible.

Comment

Does the problem go away if you re-rip one of the problem DVDs using DVDFab (Full Disc or Main Movie)?

Comment

Yes, that cures the problem but I am trying to avoid re-ripping all of them.

The only difference I see is that there are now an additional file type called BUP in the VIDEO_TS folder.

Comment

You can recode them into DVD again using recoding soft.

Originally posted by bushy View Post
                    Yes, that cures the problem but I am trying to avoid re-ripping all of them.

The only difference I see is that there are now an additional file type called BUP in the VIDEO_TS folder.
                    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

I realize I can re-rip the original DVD or create a new DVD from the VOB files.
                      All I'm asking is if there is a way to transcode the four VOB files into one AVI using DVDFAB.

Comment

There are easy ways to redo the file structure especially if you are only doing main movie. However, I forgot to ask... have you tried disabling path player?

Comment

I have not tried disabling path player nor do I know how to do it or if it is currently enabled?

Comment

Reading the manual sometimes yields unexpected benefits:

Comment

No question, I wholeheartedly agree. I'm not speaking for anyone other than myself, I find DVDFAB relatively easy to use but I do not find the resources to be intuitive, e.g. where in the application does it refer you to the website to read a manual, tutorials, yes, manual no.

I appreciate you taking the time to point out the manuals url.

I don't believe DVDFAB can do waht I need it to do, that is transcode a single avi file from a group of VOB files. I have found that I can restore / recreate a missing Video_ts.ifo using ifoedit and then transcode with DVDFAB.

Comment

Working...
                              X