This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to use to convert Mt2s to MKV?

I tried using DVDfab beta to convert Mt2s to MKV with the core DTS but all I got was 2 channel stero. What profile should I use to get MKV with DTS and file size does not matter. I want the best possible Video quality I can get along with the core DTS. By the way I used the file to mobile option. Is this option correct? I ripped this blu ray with DVDfab to my PC then proceeded to try to convert it into MKV for streaming purposes.

Bori

I have a few questions for you about your streaming? What exactly are you streaming to? What are you streaming with(software,nas,ect...) Is what your streaming to directly connected to router as well a you computer? Do you own Blu ray to mobile?

As all of these factors will play a big part in how you stream due to limitations in the hardware/software areas. So post back with some info.

Cheers!

Comment

Hello,

I am streaming to a PS3 and a LGBD590. I have tried Tversity and PS3 media center, and Wild Media Center. I am connected to a router using a wired connection. The file I converted the first time Mt2s to Mkv showed up in Media Info as a 7 gig file with 2 channel stereo mkv file. So no Dts audio with that file after converstion. Can you help me out with this? Yes I own blu ray to mobile.

Comment

Bori

Ty its the info i needed. I do not have a guide for LGBD. I currently stream to the ps3 using ps3 media sever and it works great. So if quality is concerned or if size/quality is concerned I can point you into the right direction.

First step is to make a back up of your media without HD audio,main movie only,subtitles if so desire(no real good support for bd subs if at all over stream),and it can be file or iso format.(since your going to mkv anyway.

Second step is to decide if you want to save hdd space or you want the absolute best quality. Note that absolute best quality may hang up or shutter due to the massive amount of bitrate flowing over your network and/or the limits of your pc hardware.(this is because you pc does do some processing to transcode)

Third step only if size/hardware limits leaves you no choice. Take your first back up run it back into fab blu to blu ray and do the bd9 setting.(i have done this for most of my movies and it looks fine. I barley if ever see much difference)It will take some time since your re encoding it. Once its done compressing you should have a nice small 1080p backup of your movie. Note:This can be burned onto a dual layer dvd and work great in your ps3 with subs also may serve as a great backup if your hdd fails.

Forth step which can be done with both the bd9 and absolute best quality version. Take your bd9/lossless version which ever it may be. Fire up bluray to mobile and use the mkv setting. YOU DO NOT NEED TO RE ENCODE. Just a remux to mkv will do the trick. There should be a profile that says remux and also go to the edit tab/menu and make sure it says passthrough. Click start and it should only take like 10 minutes. Now your done.

Fifth step find and figure out what streams best for you. I personally you ps3 media server with mecoder,tsmuxer, and avisyth. Which is all free ware and very easy to set up. THe mecoder tsmuxer , and avisyth are extensions/program the ps3 media server use to help with the transcode. Now when i click the folder the mkv is in the very first file will not play. Dont know exactly why. But its no problem. Right above the file is transcode folder. Click on that it will give an option of mecoder/movie(what ever the title is) and same for tsmuxer and avisyth. Mecoder works everytime for me.

I hope this helps and cheers!

P.S.The dts will be transcoded rather if its true dts or not I cannot tell. I can tell you that its not in stereo though. If its not true dts at least you do not have to downgrade the audio any more to get it to play through stream like some guides suggest.
        Last edited by directeeccks; 05-01-2010, 05:46 AM.

Comment

Do you have to make MKV out of m2ts? Why not from BR? Anyway, here's solutions:
          1. If from BR to MKV, use Blu-ray to Mobile mode ->MKV ->remux option. This combination will re-pack your main movie into from BR to MKV container without any compression. You will have your DTS.
          2. If from m2ts to MKV, use MKVmerge (it's little freeware, google it).
          However, I would prefer DVDFab scenario. I do have a question. PS3, as far as I know do not support DTS from stream and do not support MKV... What are you really doing? Just curious, maybe we could be more helpful...
          sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Oh on the last step the when talking about accessing it. Just to be clear this is on the ps3 with the media server fired up and talking to your ps3. Make sure in the ps3 media server you have permissions to the folder destination of your back up.

LOL I cant type-o-nese tonight

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
              1. If from BR to MKV, use Blu-ray to Mobile mode ->MKV ->remux option. This combination will re-pack your main movie into from BR to MKV container without any compression. You will have your DTS.
              However, I would prefer DVDFab scenario. I do have a question. PS3, as far as I know do not support DTS from stream and do not support MKV... What are you really doing? Just curious, maybe we could be more helpful...
              MKV2VOB does the job for PS3 and the LG BD590 has support MKV natively and DTS core.

Comment

Quick question for Direct. On the first step you say no HD but in step forth you say take the DVD9/lossless? Which one is it?

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
                  Not really directed towards you IpopovJust the others that may have questions similar.
                  1. Yes you can do this as well. But it will add ten or more minutes of use to the drive. The only reason i always suggest this is cause it saves on were and tear of your drive.

2. No the ps3 doesnt not support mkvs/dts but if it is streamed it doesnt matter. The transcoding is on the pc end which is the work around for the ps3 limits that the company put on it vs on the ps3. Not even mentioning the fat32 file system which is not good for BDs at all. The reason for mkvs is software handles it better then m2ts as far as streaming and transcoding. Just a new factoid too the vlc player(Most commonly used media player on pc and its freeware) handles the mkv better than m2ts and can support the bd sub if muxed into the mkv. With the m2ts(if it plays will be choppy and crash the second the subs come on.) Just saying cause it may be an free alternative to the tmt3 and powerdvd.

I have tried everything as far as the ps3 concerned. Rather it be streaming,containers,programs,bd9,bd5,external hdd, and the linux on ps3 route. After all my messing around my guide above is the (for me)best/easiest/more versatile way to store and stream my media at this time with the current tech.

If anyone can find an easier way please let me know.

Just remember you can remux the mkv back to bd if so you desire or you method of playing/media center calls for it. It as well is a very short process.

Cheers!
                  Last edited by directeeccks; 05-01-2010, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bori View Post
                    Quick question for Direct. On the first step you say no HD but in step forth you say take the DVD9/lossless? Which one is it?
                    Okay to be clear I meant hd audio. My fault. There is not much freeware support for hd audio and let alone it being streamed. As far as the lossless i was meaning practicly lossless except for the hd audio being downgraded to the dts. The video is none compressed though.(lossless) for the most part.

If you meant which one bd9 or lossless. I put the / in there for which ever you choose to be your format .The 4 step can be applied to both.

again my fault on the post

Cheers!
                    Last edited by directeeccks; 05-01-2010, 06:30 AM.

Comment

MKV2VOB does the job for PS3 and the LG BD590 has support MKV natively and DTS core.
                      My only question is to you why remux it again with mkv2vob when through streaming you can use one mkv for both from a central location? Let alone wouldnt that leave you with 2 files?One for the ps3 and one for the LG.

Just curious

Comment

Direct,

Space is not an issue. I already ripped the Blu ray with HD Audio.I ripped it before I started this thread. Do i need to re encode to get just the core dts? Or can I go straight to step 4?

Comment

Direct,

Space is not an issue. I already ripped the Blu ray with HD Audio.I ripped it before I started this thread. Do i need to re encode to get just the core dts? Or can I go straight to step 4?
                          Yes you can go straight to step 4 cause it wil give you the option again to remove the hd audio. I just prefer it removed before I do a bd9 encode.

As far as space not an issue it may not be as simple as that when it comes to streaming but if you LG has usb input and like you said supports mkv native then you would have no worries there.

Cheers!

Comment

I plan to copy it over to the harddrive on my bd590 through a wired LAN connection. Then watch it from there.

Comment

I plan to copy it over to the harddrive on my bd590 through a wired LAN connection. Then watch it from there.
                              Then you should be good to go. Yea if your just coping it over you dont need to worry about the bitrate since your not playing it over stream just making a copy. I believe this is a better solution. I have a wdtv hd.It handles the mkv with no problem and the .sub files too. Does the LG have .sub support?

Well good luck I hope I helped you with your question

Cheers!
                              Last edited by directeeccks; 05-01-2010, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X