This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Green line along bottom of video

While encoding much of my content, I notice sometime there is a green line along the bottom of the video. This has happened with mkv/h264 format, not divx or avi. The problem is the picture looks better as an mkv/h264 video then avi/divx or avi/h264. The picture is much better in mkv except the green line at the bottom. I also set the audio to audiocopy to get the ac3 video. I do believe mp4 works ok, but I didn't want that fromat since the video is aac. Can nayone help or maybe have a suggestion? Thank you

Forgot to add that I am using the latest bata version.

Comment

Is there anyone out there who can provide me with any support? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Comment

Your green line, most likely result of improper cropping. Please explain what are you doing with Video Effect Settings.
        Audio have nothing to do with this.

Originally posted by all4dom View Post
        While encoding much of my content, I notice sometime there is a green line along the bottom of the video. This has happened with mkv/h264 format, not divx or avi. The problem is the picture looks better as an mkv/h264 video then avi/divx or avi/h264. The picture is much better in mkv except the green line at the bottom. I also set the audio to audiocopy to get the ac3 video. I do believe mp4 works ok, but I didn't want that fromat since the video is aac. Can nayone help or maybe have a suggestion? Thank you
        sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

I am converting dvd to mkv/audiofile. Set pass to 2 and keep only the 5.1 sound. i have been trying the bitrate setting to 1500, but even when I left it alone to the dvdfab setting, I still got the green line.

Comment

What are you using to playback these files?

Comment

Playing them directly on my pc through wmc 7-64bit. I have ffdshow installed also. When I encode with some different file formats, there is no green line.

Comment

Are you cropping the title correctly?

It could be an idiosyncracy of the playing software also.

Download, install and play it with VLC and see what results with that when you play it.
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Like GregiBoy said use other playback software as it could just be wmc that causing that greenline

Comment

I have never used vlc player before and after googleing it, there are alot of vlc players. Couldn you provide the link please?

Comment

there is only one videolan.org to get it from

Comment

I downloaded VLC player (cool tool...gives me codec/audio info) and sure enough there is no green line. So my question if you can help me because I am not experienced in any of this stuff.....I use mediabrowser through wmc7 to play my videos. I have ffdshow and ac3 running and is there any setting I can try to remove the green line. I know this does not apply to dvdfab, but I am hopeing someone can help.

Thanks

PS...I am glad I have this program because now it well help me troubleshoot everything. BTW DVDFab is great....thanks to all the developers.

Comment

Working...
                        X