This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

File to mobile

I saved a tv recording to file. This was a mpg file. When I try to copy this to play on an Archos, all the people are long & thin. Aspect ratio is wrong. I have tried all sorts of different settings but the end result is the same. The tv recording when played on the computer is OK. I have used other video conversion software and the aspect ratio is ok. But. I would like to convert these files using DVDFAb.

Thanks

I assume, proper aspect ratio is 16:9 for recorded video. When you're opening Videoeffect settings, what Source Aspect Ration do you see there. Please play with drop-down options there and find the one you see proper. After that, play with the Crop options until picture is satisfactory. Click OK and share you results with us.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

I have tried ALL the different aspect ratio settings, but the results are always the same - tall and thin. I am also converting from a mpeg to avi, so whether this is the cause of the problem - ?

Comment

Originally posted by Grandad View Post
        I am also converting from a mpeg to avi, so whether this is the cause of the problem - ?
        It shouldn't be a problem. Please try again: go to Video Settings and enter correct source aspect ratio. If you don't know, take a look at your file with MediaInfo (it's a little free utility, google it, download and install).
        When you done with that, either select your resolution from available presets or customize it. If you entering custom resolution do not forget to click ADD button, otherwise your input wouldn't take effect. When all this done, click OK, OK and process your video. Please let me know here how it goes.
        sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Working...
        X