Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Video Conversion for Incredible...

I use DVDFab to rip DVDs to my PC. They get stored in Video_TS and Audio_TS folders. I use VLC to watch them.

I can use DVDFab to also convert them to mobile resolutions, but the quality sucks and you can't customize the resolution to 480x800 which I believe is the native resolution for the Incredible.

I need to know if anyone is successfully using any program to convert ripped Video_TS DVD's into 480x800 files for the Incredible. I tried using Handbrake but it won't let me customize the resolution past like 768x620. Handbrake is also the only program I've found that recognizes my need to convert the Video_TS and Audio_TS folders.

I'm hoping there are some users out there that read and make sense of what I'm asking here. Thanks.

I suppose, you're using DVD to Mobile mode, what preset though (generic, iPod/iPhone, etc.) Why can't you change resolution? And what "quality sucks" exactly means??
    I have Incredibles converted to several other formats (including iPhone) without any problems...
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

There is no device that I know of or DVD that I know of that has a 480 x 800 resolution.

More detail please.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I'm pretty sure he meant 800x480. Still odd though...

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
        There is no device that I know of or DVD that I know of that has a 480 x 800 resolution.

More detail please.
        sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

I'm sorry, I should have been more specific.

I should set straight that when I say "Incredible", I'm referring to the new cell phone HTC Incredible on Verizon. It's native resolution is 480x800. I was just told on another forum however that DVD resolutions and phone resolutions are different. Here's what he said:

Originally posted by themopedwhiz
          phone res is NOT DVD movie res,
          DVD's are stored in 720*480 res

just convert to 720*480 and deal with the few black pixels on the edges of the picture,

or stretch the picture "dumb" and make all the tires etc.. into Ovals

TV's are 16:9
          movies are 1.78 or 2.16, thats why a wide screen movie in full format still has blank space at the top & bottom of your Hi-Def wide screen TV,

the 800*480 screen is on the money at 1.78, but DVD's are not movie screen aspcet ratio, and come with filler blank space to create the 16:9

to completely fill the screen at 800*480 you will have to use something like Vdub and crop the blank space leaving only the movie frame/video info and then resize

it a lot of work, just to create a full screen picture on a mobile display.
          Any input?

Also, when I change the "DVD to Mobile" option in DVDFab, then select "iPhone" or even "3gp", it doesn't allow me anywhere to specifically change the Pixel resolution, correct?

Comment

Instead of dicking around with all that, try the "HTC Touch HD" profile that I have posted in the "New Profiles" section of this forum.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thanks GregiBoy. I downloaded the profile you posted on Page 1 of that thread, but it saved as a .txt file.

How can I get it as an xml?

Comment

Actually, ignore my above post, I figured it out.

Now I just want to know why when I convert it using your profile, it creates 3 different files. WMA, 3gp and Mp4?

Comment

It shouldn't... You should just end up with a WMV file.

Just tested it here again on a title and that's what I ended up with.

????

Comment

Probably had it in queue multiple times with those different profiles by accident before clicking start.

Comment

I don't think I had anything queued. I wouldn't even know how to do that lol

It did the same thing when I used a DROID profile. It took forever, like an hour.

Comment

The hour certainly sounds about right, depending on the specs of your PC.

This multiple file creation is weird though.

Shutdown Fab and start a new project using "DVD to Mobile" using the procedures outlined in my "Best Practice: DVD to Mobile" thread. Link in my signature below.

Please report back your results with exact version, etc of Fab also.

Comment

Using DVDFab7.

I have to go to bed for now, so this will be my last post for tonight, but here's what I found out apparently.

This is what I did. From the PROFILES thread I downloaded your HTC Touch HD profile and also the DROID profile.

Both created a 3gp and WMV version of the movie (District 9).

I put both the DROID & HTC Touch HD conversions into separate folders so I could distinguish them from each other on my phone.

To my surprise, the WMV files would not play video. The audio would play, but the video would be messy pixels of whatever the scene happened to be at the time that I fast forwarded to. If I did not fast forward, the screen would stay black with just audio.

3gp works fine, but the picture is not as crisp as I would like.

Again, just to note, I'm testing these on my HTC Droid Incredible (Verizon)

Suggestions?

Comment

All,

I use the Motorola Droid cellphone profile and it works fine for the HTC Droid Incredible.

Comment

Working...
                            X