This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Final file size different then conversion settings

For some reason when I'm trying to convert movies using the ipod.mpeg4 profile and going to conversion settings and looking at the file size it's different then what I'm getting after the movie is done converting. I used Fix bitrate size on 2 of them and looked at the file size. The end result was about twice the file size. I tried one using Fixed File size of 700mb and the file ended up being 2.50gb in size. Only settings I've changed is to do 2-pass encoding.

It happens because predicted size is video only. Add audio to it and you've got what you've got. DVDFab don't know what you will chose for audio and can't predict total size. Just keep it in mind and factor it in...

Originally posted by richmoral View Post
    For some reason when I'm trying to convert movies using the ipod.mpeg4 profile and going to conversion settings and looking at the file size it's different then what I'm getting after the movie is done converting. I used Fix bitrate size on 2 of them and looked at the file size. The end result was about twice the file size. I tried one using Fixed File size of 700mb and the file ended up being 2.50gb in size. Only settings I've changed is to do 2-pass encoding.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
      It happens because predicted size is video only. Add audio to it and you've got what you've got. DVDFab don't know what you will chose for audio and can't predict total size. Just keep it in mind and factor it in...
      OK thanks I was thinking that's what it was. How come the audio is bigger then video though?

Comment

Because format of audio you have chosen only can be compressed to certain extend. If you want to go to smaller size audio component, you have to choose different format. For instance, if you would choose mp3, 2 channels (stereo), 64 Kbps, you would end up with something like 50 Mb in size.

Originally posted by richmoral View Post
        OK thanks I was thinking that's what it was. How come the audio is bigger then video though?
        sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

DVD 6 not the same

I have also thought about this that the size is not the same as it says when u do DVD to mobile in DVD 7. But in DVD fab 6 it was the same size at is said, what happend between 6 and 7 ?

Comment

The estimated output size should be the file size, it may be a bug.

Please be patient, the new "DVD to mobile" engine will be out soon, and the problem will be fixed.
            DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
            http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

It seems if you choose one pass encoding, wideo size is approximately what you've selected, or what DVDfab estimataed, but if you choose 2 pass encoding instead, then whatever setting you've picked seems to fly right out of the window and file size then becomes huge (depending on movie duration of course) between 2 and 5GB.

Comment

Yes i choose 2 pass encoding and the size is running up to almost double, but thanxs for the answer and i wait for the new dvd mobile to be relesed and use the DVD Fab 6 version so far. Thanxs for the answers

Comment

Working...
                X