This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best format to rip dvd's in?

I've been messing around with DVD Fab HD all weekend trying to obtain to best format from a ripped DVD. I am trying to rip the DVD to my computer and then play it on my Sharp 52" LCD HDTV through a western digital HD TV Live Media player. The media player is connected to my router and then to my computer.

When I rip the file using the .mkv option, the playback is really grainy compared to whenever I played the DVD through my blu-ray player. What file format should I be ripping these dvd's in? The DVD i'm trying to rip is Entourage season 1, which is a TV series. Thanks

If it helps, I only care about video quality and not about size. I want to see the best quality possible when watching.

Comment

Please Note: This is a DVDFab forum and not a place to discuss other software especially in the context of using it instead of DVDFab.

Comment

....I'm using DVD Fab HD, not another software. I'm trying to figure the best way to use the program to fit my needs.

Comment

There is a "Samsung" profile that I have posted in the "New Profiles" section of the forum that other users have reported as giving good results with the WDTV.

Also have a read of my "Best Practice: DVD to Mobile" thread.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by tripps View Post
            ....I'm using DVD Fab HD, not another software. I'm trying to figure the best way to use the program to fit my needs.
            The comment was directed at the 2 posts that got deleted due to forum rule violations.

Comment

Originally posted by Complication View Post
              The comment was directed at the 2 posts that got deleted due to forum rule violations.
              Oh I see. Someone else posted on this thread directing me to another programs. Gotcha.

And greg..I'll try the Samsung profile. Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X