X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) 2 questions! using 7052b

This is the first 7.0.5.2beta encode I have done, all others using 7040+

I encoded a blu 2 mkv last night and I would like to know if anyone knows what setting(s) I need to turn on or off to stop something happening!

I can only describe it as: imagine a nose where the edges are 'slightly' blurry, slightly smudged, slightly blocky. I compared to the original blu and his nose was perfect.

Its not really noticeable unless you are looking for it but I just wonder if anyone knows what advanced setting affects this? Is it QPEL, is it deblocking set at -1, is it the bitrate which was set at 9800, what setting is it? Other details like the body are fine etc. It was really weird after seeing the original blu, the slight difference but only in a certain place of the body.

Secondly, other encodes using same profile and bitrate normally come out at ex: 10GB MKV running time :2hr20m

This one came out at 6.5GB MKV running time: 1h33m Is the running time of 50mins really 3.5gb more? Maybe...

Is the file size seem normal both using bitrate 9800MB as the setting?

Thanks

i found out that it may be to do with quantizing! any further help?

Comment

Originally posted by master333 View Post
      i found out that it may be to do with quantizing! any further help?
      You can never say that it's because this parameter or that one. Otherwise, life would of been too easy. The thing is, if you change one parameters it triggers need in adjustment in 2-3 more. Setting parameters is an art and I know only 20-30 people on the Web who knows what they are doing - I'm not one of them, but I'm learning. However, there are thousands who knows fancy words and not hesitate to use them. At this point, DVDFab GUI doesn't have a menu of options for in-depth adjustments, but from my conversation with Ting I understood that they are working towards this king of GUI. In a meanwhile, you can play with existing profiles and presets in BR to xxx options by rewriting them the way you want, experiment with it. All you want to know for it that DVDFab used standard defaulted presets.
      Last edited by Complication; 05-07-2010, 04:56 PM. Reason: Removed non-needed software references
      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Working...
      X