X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) CUDA with GTX285

hi
    when i try BD2Mobile or File2Mobile (MKV) with CUDA enabled, the process start and after a few seconds fps go down to zero and nothing more happens.
    This is when selected 2-pass. On On-Pass it seems to work, but the improvement (fps) are not as big as expected...
    Tried with 2 different drivers, now with 197.45.
    Tried disabled PathPlayer. Passkey not installed.
    Running Vista64 as administrator (UC disabled)
    BD title is "Event Horizon" (from HDD)
    will try with another one and report back...

Same with 7.0.4.0 and 7.0.5.2b
    CUDA is working flawless with badaboom

Originally posted by bimme View Post
    hi
    when i try BD2Mobile or File2Mobile (MKV) with CUDA enabled, the process start and after a few seconds fps go down to zero and nothing more happens.
    This is when selected 2-pass.
    Same thing here (I have GTX295). Developers aware of it and working on it. Just don't forget to update DVDFab with new beta(s).
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

thanks for reply,
      this was the answer i´d like to hear.

btw why is the max bitrate on BD2Mobile cutted at 15Mbits, while u can ajust bitrate free on File2Mobile? BD2Mobile seems to be faster with the exactly same settings...

Comment

btw why is the max bitrate on BD2Mobile cutted at 15Mbits, while u can ajust bitrate free on File2Mobile? BD2Mobile seems to be faster with the exactly same settings...
        I assume you are talking about MKV. BD2Mobile have remux option, where all streams "passthrough" with native characteristics - it's just a repack from one container to another. Compressed option do have limitation of 15 Mbps, but why would you need more? If you do -just select remux, besides most of the mobile devices can't even handle one tenth of it.
        In File2Mobile were limitation of 5 Mbps. I just check, and you right, something changed. I think it's a bug or something. Developers are rewriting those modes. There is a engine change and major overhaul going on, so all kind of weird instances may appear and fixed later. Working progress...
        sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

ur right, but i´d like to convert 2 mkv for my WDTV Live.
          Lets take Avatar for example. The Main Movie is 44GB. If i remux to mkv, i´ll have the same size, and i think 44gb is too much to archive for a single movie. When i convert it with the max of 15Mbit, i have a 18gb file. Compare 18 to 44gb, i´ll loose over 50% of quality (theoreticly).

Beside the overall quality of the 15Mbit converted files is still great, i´d like to have the possibility to go higher for certain movies...

Comment

ur right, but i´d like to convert 2 mkv for my WDTV Live.
            Lets take Avatar for example. The Main Movie is 44GB. If i remux to mkv, i´ll have the same size, and i think 44gb is too much to archive for a single movie. When i convert it with the max of 15Mbit, i have a 18gb file. Compare 18 to 44gb, i´ll loose over 50% of quality (theoreticly).

Beside the overall quality of the 15Mbit converted files is still great, i´d like to have the possibility to go higher for certain movies...
            You are quite incorrect in your assumptions. Reduction of filesize from 44 GB to 18GB doesn't mean reduction in quality 50%. Same as if you reduce bitrate from native 36 Mbps to 18 Mbps, doesn't mean you are loosing 50% of your quality, and your own words "Beside the overall quality of the 15Mbit converted files is still great" is proving that. Bitrate contribution into overall quality of videocontent is probably only 20-25%. There are many other quite important parameters.
            However, high bitrate can actually spoil your joy of watching Avatar
            High bitrate triggers concerns if your network can handle it, if your hardware can handle it; and if it can't you will have all kind of playback issues and you will send more time on this forum trying figure out what tha heck is happening, instead of enjoying your movie.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X