X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Newbie Question - DVD to Mobile

Simple questions.

1. I want to create movie files from DVD I own. What are he settings needed to be used to obtain the best quality divx format file? I am saying divx as this is what DVd player is able to play. I have downloaded files (about 880mb in size) other people have created, and put them on a DVD-RW, played them on my DVD machine which is divx compliant, to watch on my TV and they have been of great quality. So I want to be able to create this same quality of my own DVD collection.

If you can point me to a good guide, webpage, help file, great. Or post it in a reply to this post so other newbies like me can do the same.

Thank you all for your time to read my post. I look forward to some great help from experienced users.

Have a read of my "Best Practice: DVD to Mobile" thread. Link in my signature below.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Hello Gregiboy,

Yes I had read it, and had I done a better job of following the instruction there in, I would have had a better result and not asked my question.

Anys ways. For those out there that might happen upon this post, as a Newbie to DVDFab, I tested the following.

Using the Golden Compass DVD, I ripped it to my har drive.

Then using the generic.avi.divx.audiocopy profile, I then editted the profile to create 2 files one at 1057 bitrate, and another at file size 700mb, both at 2 pass creation. Since I am trying to find the best of both worlds, of smallest size and best quality. The out come was that the 700mb file was acceptable video quality.

So for us Newbies, Gregiboys help page was a must read. For my own taste I will use files sizes of about 880mb for normal movies, but when it comes to action packed I will do as Gregiboy suggests in his help page. The files will be a bit bigger, but the out come will be more pleasurable to watch.

Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Working...
      X